Chapter 1

The Reunion

JAYNE'S POV

My name is Jayne Black. My father is Sirius Black. The wrongly convicted murderer who rotted in Azkaban for most of my life. Although I miss him everyday, I had my mum. Then a year before my 11th birthday, she was murdered. Nobody knows what happened. I lived with my amazing adoptive parents. They are muggles but despite that they made sure I was prepared when I went to Beauxbatons. I always dreamed of going to Hogwarts but after my father was arrested and my mother died, it was best I went to Beauxbatons instead. That is until he escaped from Azkaban 2 years ago. I haven't seen him since he escaped and he can't write me letters but that is all changing. Tomorrow, my new life begins. I am traveling all the way to London to see my father for the first time since I was very little. Then 2 days after tomorrow, I leave for Hogwarts. I am incredibly nervous. Very few people even knew Sirius Black had a daughter until I went to Beauxbatons. When people found out who I was, it was hard. People thought I was a death eater and stuff like that. But I just let the hate fuel me. I have done everything to make my father proud of me. I get the best grades and I have been top of my class since my first year, I never get into trouble and I keep my head down. No boys, no drama, no friends. The no friends part wasn't my choice though. Nobody wants to be friends with someone like me. That's why I can't wait to get to Hogwarts. A fresh chance. A new start.

~~~The Next Day~~~

I felt the train come to a stop and I woke up. I had arrived in London. As everyone started getting off the train, I stopped in the bathroom. I looked in the mirror to make sure I looked perfect. I wore light wash ripped skinny jeans, a slightly see through white blouse and a light pink tank top under it. I wore light brown boots and my green combat jacket. I had curled my long brown hair and wore a little bit of makeup. It wasn't until now that I realized how much I had changed. I was quite skinny, my breasts had gotten bigger and my hips were a bit wider. I was also somewhat taller. I had grown so now I was 5'7. I exited the bathroom and grabbed my grey corduroy backpack. I slung it over my shoulder as I exited the train. I stood on the platform looking around for my father but I couldn't see him. "Jayne, is that you?" a male voice asked. I turned around hoping to see my father. "Uncle Remus!" I yelled and hugged him. I grew up with my Uncle Remus. He took care of me before I was adopted and even took me to diagon alley before my first year at Beauxbatons. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "I'm here to pick you up, your father can't exactly be seen, you know?" he said. "Of course. I understand. Let me grab my luggage and we can go" I said heading towards the train. "No need, your luggage is already at your fathers residence. Although now it doubles as a safe house for the order" he said smiling. I nodded and we walked to the nearest apparition point. I knew all about the order. Nobody is safe from the death eaters and Voldermorts forces no matter how far away you go to school. I wanted to join the order to fight with my dad. As we walked to the apparition point, Uncle Remus and I talked about many things. I told him about school and he told me about the order. "Before we arrived, Harry Potter was there right now" he said. I knew who Harry Potter was. Everybody did. The chosen one. "Ok... I know about him" I said, confused on why he was worried. "I know, but there is something else. After your father escaped, a secret came to light. "Harry is your fathers Godson." he said looking at me. "Harry Potter's godfather is my dad?" I asked about trying to process this. He nodded. "Ok, I- um... can't wait to meet him." I said. This should be strange. Then we arrived at the top of a hill and on the ground stood an old boot. "Ready?" he asked, placing a hand on the boot. "Ready," I said and we appeared outside the house. "I don't remember this," I said, staring at the house. "You have only been here when you were very young." he said softly. He pulled out his wand and pointed it at the wall. The building began to rumble as it shifted to reveal a door. We walked up to the door and I stood there for a moment frozen in time. "Don't be nervous," he said, placing a hand on my shoulder. I smiled and opened the door. As I walked into the house, the room quickly filled with people, mostly redheads. They all started talking so I sorta froze. "You all are going to give this poor girl a bloody heart attack" an old woman said. "Ah yes, everyone introduce yourselves... one at a time" Uncle Remus said. They went from one end to the other. Eventually, I had met Hermione Granger, Molly and Arthur Weasley, and their kids Ginny, Ron, Fred and George. They had two other kids but they were much older. Then a woman with purple hair walked in and introduced herself as Nymphadora Tonks... Uncle Remus's wife. I was shocked. I asked him why he didn't tell me but he said it was a surprise. Then I looked up and walked down the stairs was a raven haired boy and the second I saw the lightning bolt scar, I knew it was Harry. "Hi, I'm Harry" he said as I shook his hand. "Have you seen my dad?" I whispered to Remus. "Look up" he whispered. Then I saw him. I ran over and jumped into his arms. "Dad" I yelled as I squeezed him tight. "My Princess!" he whispered as I cried into his shoulder while he held me. "Maybe we should give them a second" Uncle Remus said and everyone left the living room. I sat in a chair placing my bag on the floor. I talked to my father about anything and everything. I told him about school, life and I showed him my wand. He told me about his escape and how Harry saved him and the order. He talked about Harry a lot. A little more than he asked about me. I just brushed it off. He is probably just excited. Then Mrs. Weasley made dinner. I walked into the kitchen and we sat down to eat. There were mounds of food. It was incredible. I thanked Mrs, Weasley as I ate. I talked to everyone and it was amazing. I felt included. Like I had a family. Finally.

After dinner, I went to the bathroom. When I returned, I wanted to talk to my dad more but I couldn't find him. I looked everywhere until I heard a voice coming from a room upstairs. I stood in the doorway and listened to Harry and my dad speak. What I heard broke my heart.