Chapter 56

ENDING OF YEAR 5

JAYNE'S POV

Today is the last day at Hogwarts of year 5. I woke up and showered and put on some jeans and a blouse. I put on some makeup to hide the fact I spent the night crying. Then I finished packing and put my shoes on. I picked up the necklace Draco gave me off the nightstand. I debated whether or not I should wear it. I'm not his anymore but I really liked having something to remind me of him. I quickly put it on and hid it under my shirt. Then I grabbed all my things and opened the door saying goodbye to my room. When I opened it, There was something on the door. I opened the envelope and inside was Draco's drawing of me, with something written on the back.

Jayne Black- I thought you might want this. Goodbye.

I smiled and folded it up and slipped it in my pocket. I dropped my trunk and stuff off and headed off for the last breakfast before the train ride. I went to the Gryffindor table and sat down. Harry looked at me and smiled. "Hi," he said. I smiled at him. Everyone was giving me the look of how you are doing. Since Hermione would probably stay with the Weasleys as well, I figured I would probably tell her and Ginny what happened with Draco. I would also tell Harry. He will be happy. We all ate breakfast and Dumbledore gave a speech. Then we headed for the train. It seems like my entire world fell apart in one year and somehow I'm not sad. I'm not sad, I'm not mad, I'm not happy. I feel numb. I feel broken. Harry says we have something Voldemort doesn't which is something worth fighting for but that's hard for me. I feel like I lost everything. I sat next to Hermione on the train and stared out the window and wondered how everything went so wrong. "Are you alright jayne?" Hermione asked. "Yeah. I'm fine" I said.

I think I'll be saying that a lot now.