Chapter 73

JAYNE'S POV

Something was wrong. That's not him. That's not Draco. That's what I kept telling myself as I walked to Theo's dorm. My hands were shaking and there were tears pouring down my face. I arrived at his door. It was only 11. I hoped he was still awake. "Theo it's me, please" I said quietly as I knocked. "Alohomora" I said pointing my wand at the door. It clicked open and I walked in. I was shocked when I Theo and Dean both shirtless on the bed. They both sat up blushing like mad. I stood there with my jaw dropped. "Um I can come back." I said. Theo looked at me and saw the tears. "Are you alright?" Dean asked. I stood there silent. "Jayne what happened?" he asked. I tried to choke back the sobs but I fell into Theo's arms and cried. He stroked my hair and held me. "I'll give you two some time. See you later Theo." he said. Theo nodded. He got up and we laid down on the bed. I curled up next to him and he held me. "Is it Draco?" he asked. I nodded. "Do you want to talk about it?" he asked. I shook my head. "Ok, that's fine." he said. Eventually, I stopped crying.

"Have you ever been in love Theo?" I asked. He sighed. "Yeah." he said. I sat up and looked at him smiling. "You never told me that? What was she like?" I asked. He smiled. It was a sad smile. "He was amazing. His name was Noah Benton. He went to Durmstrang with me. We were friends but we both knew it was more. We started fooling around. I fell in love with him. But he was too scared to love me back. He was scared of what he would lose...who would lose. He never thought about what he would gain. I told him if he doesn't love himself then he doesn't love me. So things ended. I left Durmnstrang and came and met you. My best friend." he said. I just looked at him. "Wow. I can't believe I'm just hearing about this." I said. He shrugged. "So what did I interrupt with you and Dean. Were you two shagging?" I asked. He blushed. "Theo!" I squealed. "Oh piss off" he said. I laughed. "Do you want to sleep here tonight? I know I'm not Draco but-" he started. "Yeah, thank you." I said. I gave him and peck on the cheek and we curled up and fell asleep.

"Jayne" "Jayne" Theo whispered. I opened my eyes and groaned. "Time for school," he said. I rolled my eyes and scoffed. "Your uniform is in the bathroom. Go change. You have 10 minutes to get ready. I'm not kidding." he said sternly. "Yes sir." I said sarcastically. I got changed and we headed for our classes. They went quick. Finally, it was DADA. The class I've been waiting for. Now it felt like DADA took forever. Finally, he dismissed everyone. "Here, head to my room. I might be a while" I said, handing Theo my keys. Theo just nodded. He doesn't really ask questions anymore. I shut the door and locked it. "Muffliato" I said. "Miss Black what are-" Snape started. "What the fuck is that thing doing to him?" I yelled storming up to Snape's desk. "Miss Black, I told you the dark mark has a way of affecting the soul." he said plainly. "It's changing him. I've looked everywhere in the restricted section of the library for information on Voldemort or death eaters. Nothing-" I started. "How did you get in-" he started. "That's not the point. The point is I want answers. Tell me what he had to do to get the mark. Tell me what it's doing to him. Tell me why he woke up screaming in pain last night and then slammed me against a wall with his hand around my throat! Tell me something." I said. "There is not much I can tell you." he said. "Godricks sake with the secrets. Do you think he cursed Katie Bell? Because Harry does." I said. Snape said nothing. "Oh my... you do. You think-" I trailed off. I pulled my wand and did what I had to do. "Legilimens" I said and I dove into his mind. I saw him with the same little girl as before. I saw them again but older. I saw them graduating. I saw Snape standing in front of a man. He pulled his wand and pressed it to his skin. The ink appeared and Snape fell to his knees. Then I saw Snape on the floor holding a dead woman with a baby. I broke the spell and Snape fell back in his chair. I stumbled back and tried to piece everything together. That woman was Lily Potter. They were friends. "You were her friend." I said softly. Snape glared at me. His eyes were dark. "I specifically told you never to-" he started. "That's why you are doing this. All of it. For Lily. Right?" I asked. He said nothing. Snape just sat there as still as a statue. "Is Draco going to be ok?" I asked. "I should hope so." he said plainly. "Thank you professor." I said heading for the door. I stopped right at the last second and turned. He looked up at me. "Forgive Me Sir but in your memories I saw the way you looked at Lily. She loved you, you know-" I started. His face went blank. "It may not have been in the way you wanted but she did love you. I saw the way she looked at you. It's the way I look at Theo. He's my best friend and I love him. Lily loved you." I said. Snape looked stunned. I silently turned around and slipped out the room and headed for my dorm.