Chapter 9: The Truth

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

As the wooden door opens, it reveals a familiar head of... Dark brown hair, blue eyes and a good-looking face, but not the face I was expecting but... I guess it makes sense he did say he was arriving early this morning in Western European Time. Glancing at my watch earlier it was at about 7:45am now.

"We're all here now then, Matt?" I asked him rhetorically. The brunette nods before opening the door wider to let me in. The room is dimly lit and the walls are faded significantly, a fairly run down hotel, I pull my focus away from the architecture of this place as I turn to focus on the man I noticed sitting on the sofa pushed into the corner of the room. His right leg crossed over his left, bringing a chocolate bar wrapped in foil up to his mouth before biting down, the snap of the bar echoes off the walls of the living room. There's no mistake...

It's.... It's him...

There is no was this could be anyone else. His hair is the same colour blonde if not a bit longer than 5 years ago and his eyes sky blue, but the light in them aren't the same as they were back then, what story do they tell? The scar that stretched across the left side of his face renders me speechless, the skin is still a raw, bright red showing that the scarred skin was inflicted on him recently, what has he been through after all this time?

"Mello..." I mutter until my breath, my emotions overwhelm me as I stand still by the door unable to react, the feelings of joy and anger fight over one another as I slowly take a few steps forward as he gets up from the sofa.

"You're here, to be honest (Y/n) I wasn't sure if you would show up" He tells me, I look into the eyes I spent years of dreaming I would look into again, and now that I am...

I shove him in the chest, hard.

"You.... Y-you...!" I struggled to speak my words, they become caught up. "I... Don't even know where to start" I admit angrily as I run my fingers through my hair stressfully. My anger taking over my mind as it all comes out. "You make me... S-so mad I just want to clock you in the jaw... I-!" I growl as I bawl my fist into my hand.

I'm speaking nonsense... I have to clear my thoughts, think! Think... Focus...

"Five years ago... You left me, no... us behind, you never wrote, you never called" I went on with my ranting as I crossed my arms. "Not even so much as an explanation!" I exclaimed.

"I can push all of that aside though, I understand how things worked at Wammy's House, secrecy is normal for that place" I tell him. "I know it's selfish of me and I'll admit that! But sometimes in life that's how some people are, they want things for themselves even if it makes things difficult for someone else... Especially when they feel cheated in life..." I unclench my first as another emotion takes over. "I wanted us together, even if that means keeping you with me or me coming with you..." I tell him.

I walk closer as Mello takes a step back unsure if what I'm going to do, I wrap my arms around his shoulders and pull him into a hug as I rest my head into his shoulder. Tears cascade down my eyes as my emotions wash over me.

"I... Missed you..." I closed my eyes as I feel his tense body relax under mine, he doesn't return the embrace but he doesn't pull away. He just remains still, unmoving. "I would have followed you to the ends of earth Mello..."

I would even follow you into hell if that's what it would come to...

"S-sorry..." I apologise as I pull away, wiping my tears away, "I'm just... Getting emotional... Let's do what we came here to do, yeah?" I suggest as Mello and Matt take a seat on the sofa while I sit down in the loveseat facing the coffee table in the middle.