Chapter 18 Landing In Kalos

After landing, still at the airport

Sun and dusk meet up with the ladies. "Welcome to kalos." Serena introduces, fixing her hat. "Wow Serena, you seem to know your way around. Despite you being gone for 5 years." Sun points out. Serena blushes a bit and picks up her backpack. "Come on, why don't we stop by for a place to eat?" Serena asks. "After being on a plane for 36 hours ans eating nothing up chips, I am in the mood for something hearty." Dusk answers. "I can assure you, there are gonna be many things to eat here in kalos." Serena winks.

At a diner

The sun rises to the highest peak as the approach the diner

The sun rises to the highest peak as the approach the diner. "Oh man, I love this place." Serena says and hears her own stomach grumble.

Inside

They order their food and wait for a bit. "So sun, how's kalos treating you so far?" Serena asks. "It's fine, I use to know a lot about this place back in the day." Sun answers. Sun looks over to see lillie, she's still has her nose stuck in a book. "It's nice to have a change of scenery for a while." Moon says with a smile. Soon, their food comes out. "So, y'all here for business or pleasure?" The waiter asks. "Both." Dusk answers and eats his grilled cheese. "Do you know anything about the kalos war?" Lillie asks. The old waiter thinks for a moment. "Oooohhhh man that was a long time ago. Back when I was a young lad." The waiter says. "Hey chef! Do you know about the war!?" The waiter calls back. The chef seemed to be in a panic. "Get down! Bomb!" The chef shouts, but nothing happened. "Sorry! Sorry about the chef. He was in the war at the time. Very old guy, much older than me." The waiter answers. "Your chef is a kalos war hero?" Moon asks. "Yes darling." The waiter says, than the chef busts out of the kitchen. "So, y'all came to know about my time in the war?" The old chef asks. "If it's not too much trouble sir." Lillie answers with a sweet smile. The chef grabs the chair, and the waitress takes over in the kitchen. "It was a long time ago......I was a young man at the time. Ready to take on the world." The chef says.

Flashback many years ago the chefs voice over

At 1st I owned the diner for a good 5 years, but then I was accepted into the army

At 1st I owned the diner for a good 5 years, but then I was accepted into the army. They gave me tenn, that was the name of my growth at the time. Me and him fought so many battles. We were the medic, helping out whenever we could. I then met another young man named Kevin or John or something like that. He was writing in his journal usually, talking about some ponyta or the day of the war. Then a man named surge came to join the war with his raichu.

Still in flashback 4 years later

The war still went one, Lieutenant surge commanded us to go to the front lines. I saw dust explode in my face as grenades were thrown at us. "Tenn, use flamethrower!" His own voice commanded. Just then a grenade was thrown at me. "Tenn! No!" I shouted as my growlithe saved me from death, but with the cost of his own life. I lost my leg, but that didn't matter, i had to find my growlithe. "Tenn?! Tenn where are you?!" I called out and i heard a small whimper. "Thank arceus you're alive!" I shouted, but the worst was yet to come.

My poor growlithe was dying slowly, his body was blown up

My poor growlithe was dying slowly, his body was blown up. "No....tenn. You saved me. You are so brave. Come on, get up!" I try to convince my pokemon, despite his injury. All tenn did was cool and lick my face. Tears fell down my face as my growlithe licks them away. Tenn let out one more bark before slowly passing away. "Tenn?......tenn! No tenn!" I cry out, but my growlithe died. 4 years of friendship.....and he's gone. My team soon found me and gave me a new pokemon, but it wasn't the same as tenn. I fought in the war for a good 6 more years till i had to go home with a purple and red ribbon not before getting a blue one too. 3 medals meant nothing to me, I will never forget that jumpy growlithe.

End of flashback and the end of voice over. Back to suns POV.

"So you see children.....the war didn't just take our sanity, but also took something important from me." The older chef says. Soon sun and his groups plates were empty, but still had their eyes on the old chef. "I came back to this diner and toke it over after my wife and sister passed. This is my mothers pride and joy." The old chef says and gets up. "The meals on the house. Go on, go what you need to find." The chef says and  disappears back into the kitchen. "Wait! Do you know where a star stone could be?!" Sun calls out. "Be careful out there child. Kalos can be just as dangerous. If you want to get answers, than you must follow a rocky road and find the biggest cave in the region. The truth can just save you." The chef finally says, before the music came back on.

Outside

Sun checks the map to see where he should go.

"We should go as soon as possible

"We should go as soon as possible." Sun says. "Wait sun, I thought we could have pleasure too. And we don't have a place to stay do we?" Serena objects. "She's right, we need a place to stay for a while. We also don't know what we're getting ourselves into." Moon agreeing with serena. "Okay, we should find the nearest hotel and stay there for the night, but also finding that cave." Sun agrees, following Serena to the nearest hotel.

Plz 🗳💬🙂 your support helps our books grow.📚