♕4: Good Farewells♕

Third Person P.O.V.

Over two years, your bond with Zeke became stronger. They always kept each other company, but more significantly, Zeke kept you safe from Marleyan soldiers. In those two years, Zeke entrusted you with his life story and a secret plan for the salvation of the Eldian Empire. You might as well entitle yourselves as the 'parent killer duo' because you both killed your parents for irrational decisions.

You still have restless nights and days, but you've become immune to it with Zeke always by your side during those unbearable nights. You always exchange secrets with him, which made the two of you know each other from your habits, dislikes, and favorites. You grew to be fond of making tea with his grandmother, while Zeke became a candidate warrior.

You wore your usual beige dress that was long enough to cover your shin and a black cardigan with a white Eldian armband on your left. It was one of those strolling days with Zeke, so you tied your (h/c) hair on a loose braid.

"I'm going out, Grandma!" You exclaimed and left the apartment. Zeke was already by the entrance downstairs waiting for you. 

"Hey, big bro!" You greeted him and went to his side. He beamed a simple smile and started walking.

"The usual route?" He asked you with his hands placed in the pockets of his dark green scout shorts

"Anywhere is fine." You said and raised your hands to stretch out your arms.

The both of you walked towards the town square, where the streets are flooded with Eldian merchants and buyers. You were us looking around with Zeke when the bell to the center of the town rang.

There's an announcement. You thought to yourself. Zeke held your left hand with his right to keep from getting separated from the crowd gathering at the center. A Marleyan soldier stepped on a post and brought out a paper that contains the announcement.

"To all the citizens of Eldia, we are here to announce that in eight years, we would begin to wage war against Paradis Island! Let it be known that we are recruiting for candidate warriors to seize the island of devils! Furthermore! We have gathered intel that the 10th titan shifter is living amongst you! Whoever hands her over will become an honorary Marleyan!" The soldier announced and posted the paper to the bulletin.

You gripped Zeke's hand tighter as the thought wandering made your heart race. Your face looked terrified, and Zeke felt that. He pulled you and led you to a forest near the town. You continued to breathe heavily, and fear made you tremble.

"They're still after me, Zeke." You said and placed your forehead to the tree. You were reminded of those nights and days of endless wandering in the cold though it had been two years since then.

"(Y/n), I promise you I will protect you," Zeke reassured and patted your back. You weren't convinced with his words. 

"You have to join them, (Y/n). So, we could earn their trust and do the plan to save Eldia." He suggested and pulled you by your shoulder to face him. He knelt down to your level and intently looked at you.