╳ 55: Lips and Cigarettes╳

Third Person P.O.V.

Staying in the Azumabito's estate was exhausting as you did nothing but eavesdrop through the thin walls while smoking cigarettes. Their long talk about trying to take the path of peace rather than accepting Zeke's plan took long enough for the sky to become dark. It was a minute past dusk, and you decided that you needed to get out of the guest room. Silently opening the door, trying your best not to make any creaking sound.

They were all gathered in the living room just next to your rooms which made you sigh in relief to see the door closed slightly. Before you could walk down towards the stairs, an all too familiar voice quietly called out, making a stop on your steps.

"(Y/n)?" You glanced back in his direction and gave him a smile. "Long time no see, Eren." You said as you gestured him to follow you outside to the front yard. The both of you sat by the bench, watching the night sky slowly shine down stars.

Eren's hair grew longer, and his face has grown maturely masculine. The once so cheerful and hopeful teal green eyes of Eren now looked darker and emotionless. The two of you had to cross paths at some point. After all, there's no avoiding the fate that was already set out for you.

"I didn't know you already have a son." He casually said.

"It's not mine or Zeke's. It's my half-brother's youngest son. He somehow imprinted on him and me. You know you're starting to resemble your brother when his beard is shaved clean. What about you? Haven't you and Mikasa started dating yet?" Eren blushed for a second before glancing down at his fiddling thumbs. He never responded, which made you look at him. He was frowning because he knew the end of it all.

"I figured your feelings for Mikasa would be sorted out since the other half of the Spine is away from you. Did she reject you or something?"

"It's not that..." He pressed his lips together as you finally realize what he meant. You're running out of time

"Hey, it's going to be alright."

Your short reunion with Eren was cut short when you thought it was getting late

Your short reunion with Eren was cut short when you thought it was getting late. Eren gave you his word that he would pretend that he never crossed paths with you and wouldn't mention anything about you with the others. Your maidservant held the sleeping baby, and the driver got your things ready while you went up to bid your farewell with Kiyomi.

You could still hear their chattering inside the living room as you inhaled deeply and gather up the courage. Pretend you don't know them. You reminded yourself before knocking.

*Knock knock*

The voices suddenly died down as you twisted the doorknob and opened the door, letting yourself in. Hange, Connie, and Sasha had their mouths wide open in shock while Mikasa, Armin, and Jean looked at you like the dead has come back to life. Levi, who was holding a cup of tea, remained unfazed, but deep down he wanted to react the same way. Kiyomi was just as surprised as they are but was also dismayed with your sudden appearance despite knowing that your former comrades were present.