♟58: The Cost♟

Third Person P.O.V.

You heavily breathed as you stood in front of the double doors with the Tybur guards in red coats stood on each side.

*Flashback*

"After Eren's grand entrance at the end of Willy's speech, wait for the Colossal Titan's signal. He will blow up the port where all their battleships are. You, on the other hand, you would wipe out the tanks using the same fragment of power as the Colossal-" Zeke kept going on with plan as you spaced out, feeling convicted about betraying the people that helped you once again.

It's just like how I killed Erwin and now I'm doing it to Willy and Lara.

"Are you listening?" He asked as you snapped out of your thoughts. You pursed your lips and sighed problematically. Noticing how you kept fidgeting your thumb on the table, Zeke pulled his chair closer to you and placed his left arm around your shoulder.

"Is there something bothering you?"

"It's- it's just the guilt that's nibbling on me." You stammered and leaned your head on his shoulder. Just this morning, you caught a glimpse of what is going to happen in the next couple of weeks. The debris and deaths because of your actions. Sasha is next.

Zeke frowned at your timid state and carried you to bed. Lying down beside you, he brushed your (h/c)(h/l) with his fingertips.

"It's okay if you don't want to fight. I'm not forcing you." He softly said as you wrapped your arms around his torso, burying your face on his chest.

"No, I'm going to fight. I was just used to the sight of the death of Paradis before, but it's been four years, and now I'm not so immune to the feeling of death closest to me." Sasha, Lara, and Willy are going to die because of me. It's the price you have to pay.

"Hey... we're cursed, right?" Zeke said, making you look up to him. Responding with a nod, he gave a minuscule smile as he removed his circular glasses and placed them on the nightstand.

"You're not going to walk on the road alone. Alright?"

*End Flashback*

"You're here!" Willy cheerfully exclaimed, bringing you back to earth

"You're here!" Willy cheerfully exclaimed, bringing you back to earth. You went in and saw the whole family inside. A man around his late forties stood behind your half-brother. He looks a lot like Keith Shadis.

"Sorry if I came late." You politely said as you bowed your head respectfully. "No worries, dear sister, we were just talking about you. Why don't we go back to the balcony and talk?" He said and started walking. Your hair was tied in a militaristic bun as you used to while wearing a loose beige blouse and black pants, making a casual impression.

"May I introduce to you Commander Theo Magath." He said as the old man shook his hands with yours. "Have I seen you before?" Magath asked as you gave a small smile.