❂25: Imperceivably Mask❂

Third Person P.O.V.

"Why are you here? I thought you were at the front lines in Wall Sina?" Nanaba asked Y/n arrogantly. They were never really in good terms. Sometimes, there are just people who won't get along.

"I immediately went back to base after the mission, but it turned out that the place was already wreaked by Titans. And I, somehow, ended up here because my horse got stepped on." You said with a low voice, hinting Nanaba that you are superior.

"Really, how do you explain this?" Nanaba pointed at the campfire that Zeke lit up a while ago. You were quick to make up a lie as you went to a storage area where wooden crates with supplies are inside.

"Bandits used it as a base, and they somehow left their contraband. Sit and help yourselves. We have a long night to endure." You said and crossed your arms. They lit up the campfire and placed their torch on a holder attached to the spiral stairs. Sitting down on the cold ground next to Bertolt, who was sitting on a wooden chair. Everybody was exhausted a bit silent because their investigation to find the hole in the wall failed. Gelgar found a bottle of booze but was unable to read the label.

"You're not going to drink that now, are you?" I asked while sternly looking at him, who was holding up the bottle.

"I'm not, Captain!" Gelgar said as he looked away from you. "Why am I taking orders from a person who only climbed the ranks because of her father," Gelgar mumbled, but it was enough for you to hear. Reiner looked at you worriedly as he caught what the man said. You ignored it because it showed their incompetence.

"You rookies should try to get some rest. Titans won't be roaming about now, but the rest of us will take turns keeping watch." You monotonously said and stood up to take your gear. "We'll leave before daybreak." You walked up the spiral stairway while wearing the straps for your upper body. As you walked upstairs to the tower, Krista's voice echoed, asking where Titans could have come from if the wall wasn't breached.

This is going to be a long night.

After an hour of just staring down from the tower, you changed shifts with Gelgar. You went down and saw Connie, Bertolt, and Krista sleeping on a mat while Ymir rummaging through the stuff in the storage room. Reiner was by the window and looked up at you when he heard your faint footsteps. If I touch the hand of Krista, maybe I could see the past as well, not only the future.

You stood in front of Krista's sleeping body as you knelt down to hold her one of her hands. Hearing Reiner's heavy footsteps to stand next to you, you gestured him to stop moving. Krista flinched a little as she shifted her sleeping position. You looked up at Reiner and placed your pointing finger on my lips, shushing him. He nodded his head as he tip-toed away from you with a puzzled face. Not knowing what you had in mind. You simply patted Krista's left hand with your right and little lightning sparks around.

*Zap*

"Hadassah." My eyes flickered open as I saw an unfamiliar man in his late 20's, sitting next to me under a willow tree.

"You've slept long enough. It's time for a little snack." He spoke. He has the same hair color as mine. He stood up and offered his left hand to help me up. Something felt heavy on my stomach. I glanced down and saw a huge baby bump. I'm pregnant?! I touched it and caressed it carefully, making sure I'm feeling right.

"She's growing big. I know she'll be strong enough to inherit the Spine." He said as he gently pulled me up to stand. The place looks familiar. It felt like home. I looked around and saw the village where I used to live. We went into the house where a woman in her late forties was placing a plate of warm pita bread on the table.