♕22: Wager♕

Third Person P.O.V.

You were leaning your back on a wooden post of the entrance of the underground passage as you waited for the three to lure Annie. You kept rubbing your ring finger on your right hand because you weren't used to not wearing the platinum ring.

*Flashback*

You and Levi were cuddling under a blanket the night after the meeting about luring the Female Titan ended. You laid on the left side of the bed, tracing circles on Levi's broad shoulders with your fingertips as he nuzzles on the crook of your neck. He gently took your right hand and gently kissed it.

"Don't start with it again. We've had enough." You teased him. Levi gave a minuscule smile as he slipped off the ring you were wearing with his right hand.

"You were supposed to give this to me six years ago," Levi said as he flicks the pinout of the ring. You chuckled, remembering how he stumbled when you refused to hand over the ring.

"I'll never understand what's the use of this pin." He said as he wore it on his pinky, which best fits him. "I don't know either." You lied, but it came out natural. "I told you it's for you to kill yourself." You sheepishly joked, making Levi grab your ass with his left hand to squish it teasingly.

"Does this mean I don't owe you any more favors?" You asked as you gently brushed his hair with your fingers.

"Give me the recipes for your tea and come back to me in one piece. Once the mission is over." He said as he pulled you closer. You hummed a yes and smothered him with kisses and went for another round.

*End Flashback*

Light footsteps echoed in the silent street as you saw Armin, Mikasa, and Eren. Annie was escorting them, but more like they were leading her into an obvious trap. You were wearing the same uniform and dark green hooded cape as the three. You and Annie looked at each other expressionless, like nothing that is happened between them.

"Let's go." You said as you went down the underground passage with Armin, Mikasa, and Eren following behind. Armin and Eren tried to act like they were amazed about the unfinished underground project that they are walking on. You stopped walking and looked back to see Annie still standing at the entrance.

"Annie? Don't tell me you're afraid of dark, cramped places or something." Eren said as you kept composure while looking up at Annie, who was trying to act afraid.

"Yes. I am. I doubt a brave, suicidal maniac like you would understand how a delicate damsel feels." Annie said, placing her right hand on her chest to refer to herself.

"Any damsel who can flip a grown man upside down isn't weak at all. Cut the crap! Let's hurry!" Eren said and turned their backs and started walking down while you remained in position. Just by the stern stare you gave directly at Annie, she knew what was going to happen.

"No, I'm not going. I'm afraid to go down there. I'm not helping unless we stay above ground." Annie said with a low voice. Panic was plastered all over Eren and Armin's face as they looked up once again to Annie, whose eyes became dark.

"Quit being stupid! Just get down here! Captain, please tell her to go down!" Eren said as he grasped your right arm. Armin's hand started shaking while keeping his grip on the flare gun as Annie talked about how suspicious their actions were.

"Annie, you and I both knew what's best to do at this second." You said with your authoritative voice, there was a double meaning to what you said, and you hoped that Armin wouldn't be sharp enough to figure it out.

"Why did you have Marco's omnidirectional mobility gear?" Annie looked away as Eren's eyes widened in shock at what Armin asked her. On the inside, you wanted to strangle Armin to silence him. He's as sharp as Marco, but I can't let the same mistake happen twice. Negotiate before everything turns bloody. You told yourself as you remembered how Marco died. On the exterior, you appeared calm and alert as you watch Annie getting interrogated, but deep down you're anxious.