♟68: Devotion♟

Third Person P.O.V.

The next day they took the airship of the Azumabito clan and escaped Paradis, leaving behind Theo Magath and Keith Shadis to sacrifice their lives just to clear a path for them. A lot of Yeagerists who are their close comrades had to be killed to get out of there.

Fleets exploded and sunk. People were screaming and running for their dear lives. Trees, buildings, mountains, and every living creature in the way are being crushed.

Your body has turned back into a six-year-old child as you sat on top, witnessing all the destruction and chaos you have unleased. Eren, who was in the body of a nine-year-old boy, was standing beside you, enjoying himself.

"What are you looking sad for? Look at this! Isn't this wonderful?!" He cheerfully asked as he spread his arms, feeling the refreshing wind from above. 

You peeped down and saw nothing but the footprints left behind by the Colossal Titans. That's when you thought to yourself, what a wonderful world.

"Is this freedom?" You innocently asked as you stood up and carefully walked towards Eren. All you could see forward was the blue sky and the fluffy clouds. 

This is true solace! Being so high up with nobody to stop you. Nobody to tell you what to do as you defy gravity. It's like the heavyweight of burden that has been clutching you down was finally lifted, and you are no longer a slave.

"We're free now! (Y/n)!" Two children standing on top of the world with every step, hundreds of souls were taken. As you try to live for a moment, you suddenly remembered Erwin and his dream to prove his theory right.

"Are you seeing this, Erwin?" You shout to the heavens as skulls get crushed beneath and spread your arms, feeling the air as if you were flying. 

"There's humanity outside the walls, and I'm clearing them for you! You wanted to world safe and sound for me. I'll do it instead! For my children-"

You suddenly stopped speaking when you got zapped back into the paths and saw Levi, covered with bandages on the face with only his left eye showing.

"Levi!" Cheerfully smiling at him and waved your hand at him.

*Zap*

"You're so stubborn. I told you to move on and forget about me... Why do you keep hurting yourself with me?"

How many times do I have to tell you that I still fucking love you?!

"I'm sorry I lied four years ago. I love you, Levi! I want you to live a long life. Wish I could go back to the day we met and leave you be and just sit and look pretty. Never should talked. Never should have kissed. Never should have loved."

I knew it! Why are you telling me this now, (Y/n)?!

"But I'm glad I met you. I'm thankful for everything, all the good and bad."

Brat, this isn't funny!

"You gave our son a magnificent name. Frost Ackermann, it reminds me of the winter season when I gave birth to him."

Please don't go! Don't leave me!

"The reason why I wanted you to hate me so badly because I want this cycle of power to end with me. I'm not a coward like my predecessors. You're the only one who could finish this."

Are you asking me to kill you? Is that what you wanted all this time?

"This is the last time I'll ever see you, Levi. When I'm gone, I want you to take your time. You're going to find a beautiful woman even better than me.