♟67: Together♟

Third Person P.O.V.

The sound of the rumbling footsteps of Colossal Titans ponderously marching towards the south echoed through the night as Jean covered his ears. His thoughts were all over as he was split between whether to accept what Eren and (Y/n) are doing for the people of Paradis or fight. Their commander knocked on the window, snapping him out of his thoughts. He and Mikasa sneaked out into one of the houses that were broken.

Hange tried to convince the two they have to stop Eren, but Jean seems to have already made up his mind that you are wiping out humanity for them.

"I'm not accepting genocide!!" She yelled as she slammed her fist on the wooden table. 

"It was my negligence that caused (Y/n) to do this. If only I got to know her better even as a child, then maybe she wouldn't drag Eren into this. It's also my cowardly idealism that made it worse. Only Erwin could have stopped her."

The faces of their comrades that dedicated their hearts to humanity stood behind Hange as they stared at her, waiting for the next move she'll make. Most of them never got to see or know that there was humanity existed outside of the walls.

"Just bringing freedom to this island is enough for me. Do you think any single one of them would be so narrow-minded as to say that?"

 Do you think any single one of them would be so narrow-minded as to say that?"

The night has broken and people with so much indifference sat around the fire as Hange chopped vegetables for the stew. Needless to say, their conversation didn't start on the right foot since bickering was the entourage.

"It's interesting. What changed your mind? You know you'll get the world you want if you let the Founding Titan go. We were so close to keeping Eren from coming into contact with (Y/n) and Zeke. Like fucking hell! Gabi already made a clean shot on (Y/n)'s chest and head. They wouldn't have the full power of the Founding Titan." Magath asked as he swirled the liquid inside the bottle that he was holding.

"Like I explained, General. None of us want genocide."

Theo muttered to himself about them being filthy devils, which were clearly heard by Jean, making him shout back at him for being the reason why all of this chaos was happening. They argued about the history that occurred two millennia ago, which they were never there to witness. Hange stopped the two of them before things get out of hand.

Annie stepped out and finally raised the subject for the possible contingency plan to stop this mass murder.

"Can you kill Eren?" She bluntly asked Mikasa as she stood before Jean, Armin, and Connie.

"Killing Eren isn't the only way to stop him." Mikasa reluctantly answered but clearly was in doubt.

"(Y/n) figured you'd say that." Annie looked down and rubbed her right arm uncomfortably as she sat down on the log next to Reiner.