♟60: Triumphs♟

Third Person P.O.V.

Silence, dripping of cold rain, and your stable breathing.

That's all Levi could hear from you as he sat by the chair next to your bed with his hands holding your left, waiting patiently for you to show signs of consciousness. As he has been there for almost three days straight without leaving your side. Perhaps, it's the only chance he'll ever get to be alone with you while everyone is burying and mourning for the dead.

Placing your left palm on his right cheek his timid gray eyes stared at the sleeping beauty before him. He was still muddle as to how he could still harbor such vulnerable affections to you despite being married. Maybe it's because of my Ackermann blood. He jinxed himself as he feels the warmth of your hand.

"You're more beautiful since the day you left."

He tenderly brushed away the fringe of your (h/l) (h/c) and observed every detail of your angelic face. Glistening on your left eye duct, a tear managed to stream down gradually to your left cheeks as you lightly sniffled, alerting the Corporal. He raised his brows as his muscles tensed, preparing himself to leave in case you wake up.

"Erwin, I'm sorry..." You lips whispered as you faintly sobbed.

"Shhhhh... It's alright..." Levi gently hushed and immediately brushed his fingertips on your (h/c) hair. What did Erwin say in the letter again? Oh!

Pats on the back! He immediately laid himself next you, gently lifting your head with his right hand and placing it below as a pillow while stirring your body sideways with his left. Unconsciously, your body snuggled closer to the warmth of Levi's body, taking him by surprise. He traced circles around your back while you light sobs in your sleep continued. 

"Forgive me, Erwin."

"I'm sure he has forgiven you, (Y/n)." He muttered as his fingers made its way to your nape pulling your face closer, brushing his nose on yours. How tempted he was to just silence your grief with a kiss on the lips, but he pursed his lips and stopped himself before things go out of hand.

You involuntarily placed your face at the crook of his neck, smelling his mundane yet soothing scent as it calmed you down.

The rain kept pouring as your fingers started twitching. Everything was finally unraveling itself to you, from the first one who dies to the last people who will live. It all seems like a terrible dream to you. Your heart beats faster as your breathing became unstable. You were on a blood bath as every single corpse you are about to pile up looked at you with no emotions.

I am death... *Breathes heavily*

That old mannerism of yours came back. Heavily breathing as if you drowned in water as you abruptly woke up and sat up from the shrill yet raspy voice of a raven, standing by the window and flapping its wings. You gasped as the raven entered the room and landed on your lap.