☸44: Runaway☸

Third Person P.O.V.

"WHAT?!" Hange exclaimed, biting on her nails in anxiety. Eren just sat there, all dark and sad with what he just witnessed and reported. "This is bad! An innocent child died because she was in prison. She was only fed once a day, and those cuts and bruises were already there for four months without healing! Not to mention she was having depression before she gave birth!"

"You have to get this to Historia," Eren said as he fiddled with his thumbs.

In an isolated white room, you stood on the right side of a black wooden crib just staring down at the corpse of a child that was now all wrapped up like a mummy

In an isolated white room, you stood on the right side of a black wooden crib just staring down at the corpse of a child that was now all wrapped up like a mummy. Attention too fixated on your dead son, Levi walked towards the left side to do the same. No words came out of his mouth. How could he? He felt responsible for the death of his son after giving up on you so easily. It seems like nothing in this world will ever bring you back up again.

Your wounds and bruises were all gone, but the stinging void in your heart still hurts. The door opened, revealing her majesty.

"Leave us," Historia commanded Levi, which he obliged to do and left the room. You didn't even bow down before the queen because you were too focused on your son.

"I have nothing else to say but sorry." Historia bowed her head a little, sympathizing for your loss.

"I don't need your apology." You muttered.

"Maybe there's something we could do-"

"Nothing will compensate for my son's sacrifice. If only I could take his place." Your voice came out firm, yet your words felt broken. Nothing in the world seems to matter.

"Look, we all have our faults. Let me at least grant you something to make you feel a little better." Historia's lips were curved downward, knowing that she felt responsible for the death of your son.

"Would you grant me freedom, then?"

"All except that." How naïve of you to think they'd let you go. You couldn't stand another day staying on the island as you felt more degraded and pitiful.

"Let me bury my son by my own hands at the meadow by the old headquarters. It's the least you could do." You sighed as you averted your gaze at Historia, who kept a calm demeanor.

"Granted. At dawn's first light." Historia nodded and left the room.

" Historia nodded and left the room