╳ 50: Secret Place╳

Third Person P.O.V.

"I'm not a rich man that could give you a luxurious life like your half-brother. I'm not even a great fighter like the raven-haired man you wrote in your journal. I really have nothing much to offer but my heart and my days. Even with just those all, I could promise my companionship that we'd both be restless wanderers and walk through this curse together. I want to be the one to mend that brokenness in you. I want to devote my days to make you the happiest woman in the world. I love you, and I know it's really reckless of me to ask this, but I don't want this chance to slip away. So, (F/n) (L/n), will you marry me?" 

He's proposing! Again! (Y/n) thought as she felt tears down her cheeks while covering her lips with her palm. What am I supposed to do? What do I say?!

"You don't have to answer now, but know that I could wait a thousand years more for you to be mine." He looked down in disappointment while slowly closing the velvet box. Not wanting him to go through such an agonizing wait, you immediately knelt down on his level, not caring whether the snow made your gown a little wet.

"Zeke, better is this moment that I am spending with you than a million other days away. Even if we become homeless or the rulers of this world, I will accept you, and I will love you until the end of my days. And, yes! I will marry you!" Crashing your lips on his, he placed his left hand on the crook of your neck, smiling in between kisses. The euphoria in Zeke's heart could not be contained as he gently pulled away from the kiss to slip the perfectly fitting ring on your right ring finger. By the time the ring was worn, he noticed that you were wearing the ring he gave you as a kid.

"You still have that ring? I thought you gave it away?"

"I did, but I got it back."

It was the night they'll never forget, and will cherish the most. He lifted her off her feet and twirled her around joyously before entangling their lips once again. Watching from the balcony overlooking the dimly lit garden was Willy and Kiyomi of the Azumabito clan. They witnessed how the two unlikely couples made a decision of their life.

"Wouldn't that cause a scandal for your family after you introduced her to potential bachelors just an hour ago? It would have boosted your business." Kiyomi licked her lips greedily and took a sip of the champagne. Willy chuckled at her remark, knowing that he only did that for a show. "She's an illegitimate child. What makes you think they'll take her?"

"Men ought to look at a woman as a tool for pleasure. I'm sure they wouldn't mind." She unashamedly answered with a grin.

"It is a common trait for (L/n) clan to have a splendid and charming appearance."

"I see. If there happens to be a wedding, let me be the first to know."