✵31: Troubled Waters✵

Third Person P.O.V.

The night was calm and peaceful as you lightly snore. [Y/n] was sharing the bottom bunk of the bed with Historia while Sasha and Mikasa shared the top bunk. Historia, in deep slumber, involuntarily hugged you, touching your right hand.

*Zap*

"Hadassah..." You looked back and saw the man named Adam, who you assumed to be your biological father. He was wearing an elegant tux as he gazed down at what I was holding. I'm in my mother's memories again. I looked down and saw a baby in my arms, sleeping deeply. I look cute as a baby.

Adam kissed my forehead and gently took the baby from my arms. He smiled at my baby-self dearly and placed a pointing finger on my tiny hands. The small hands wrapped themselves around his index finger, hugging it while smiling in her sleep.

"Dear, (Y/n), what to say to you? You have my hair, and you have your mother's eyes. When you smile, I am undone." Adam said as I chuckled. "I'll dedicate the remaining days I have with you. I swear that I'll be around for you." He said and kissed the baby's forehead.

*Zap*

You suddenly rose up from the bed gasping for air. It felt like you drowned yourself in water. Breathing heavily, it made Historia wake up.

"Are you okay?" She yawned while rubbing her eyes. The moon was still high above the sky, as you realized that it was still midnight.

"Yeah, I'm okay... I just had a dream... please go back to sleep. Sorry for disturbing you." You apologized and went out of the girl's bedroom. You sat in the main room with only one lantern lit up, rubbing your temples. All this time, you thought that your biological father abandoned you, but your mother's memory was enough to explain. At the age of two and a half, your father suddenly disappeared. It's because of the curse of Ymir. Life is too short; it becomes momentary when you're one of the nine titan-shifters. Ironic how your mother chose to have one of them as a husband when she is clearly aware that they have a limited time.

"I only have like around five years left."

Now that you thought about it, it would be ungrateful of you to not fulfill Zeke's wishes. The idea of marriage was mind-boggling specially when you're turning eighteen. It brought you anguish just thinking about how he was running out of time and you still haven't caught up with him. Your feelings were finally split between two men, but your mind was filled with Zeke's face and touch. Ruffling your (h/c) hair in frustration, you stood up to take the kettle.

You brewed yourself some chamomile tea to get yourself to sleep again. A familiar pair of arms snaked its way around your waist as you watch the kettle get heated. Levi placed his chin on your right shoulder as you lovingly traced his hands with yours.

"Late night tea time?" He asked as he nuzzled on your neck.

"Couldn't sleep." You answered and curved your lips, forming a minuscule smile for Levi.

"What are we, Levi?" You suddenly asked. "What do you mean?" Levi asked with his face a little expressive than before. You wanted to know what your label of relationship you have with Levi. After all, the both of you had slept together. You blindly chased one another for a decade. Erwin even has his approval without even mentioning anything. He turned you around to face him so he could understand what's going on with that head of yours.

However, part of you is not ready for a commitment, knowing that your affection for your childhood friend are lingering in your heart.

"What I... I mean is, are we... dating now?" You stammered and blushed. Levi smirked at how embarrassed you were to ask and wanted to tease you for it.