♟63: The Truth Untold♟

(A/N): I highly recommend you listen to A Soulmate Who Wasn't Meant to Be by Jessica Benko

Warning: Levi simps might cry too much

Third Person P.O.V.

The rain kept pouring as it filled Levi with remorse. All his thoughts and memories of you kept flooding in his mind as he looked up the gray sky. He couldn't hear anything but the aftersound from the explosion.

Why can't I seem to move on from (Y/n)?

*Flashback*

Levi turned around and looked down at the small kid that looked around five or six years younger, holding a straw basket with neatly folded scout uniforms. Isabel squealed in joy, startling Furlan and Levi a bit as she pinched your cheeks. 

You dropped the basket, but thank goodness the clothes didn't fall down on the filthy floor. As Isabel kept pinching your cheeks to the point that she's lifting you on the ground, Levi caught a glimpse of your adorable face.

"U-uh! Isabel put her down for what we know she might be the daughter of any of the scouts here." Furlan said, making Isabel put you down. Levi just kept a deadpan expression as you pouted your lips while caressing your cheeks after being abused.

"Here's your extra uniforms." You blurted as you pushed the basket towards Isabel. Levi picked up one of the jackets and brushed his thumb at the fabric. 

His grey eyes caught a speck of dust. He didn't care whether you were the daughter of anyone in the Scout Regiment. If you didn't clean anything right, then it's an insult to him.

"Hey, brat." He monotonously called you before you could even leave. 

"I'm not a brat." Great another Isabel! Levi rolled his eyes at the thought and clicked his tongue in annoyance as stared down at the kid, who was now glaring at him.

"Tch! It's not clean enough."

*Fast Forward*

"Hey, big bro! I have something exciting to tell you!" Isabel giggled as she sat next to Furlan and Levi with crossed legs. It was their first expedition, and they were making camp in an abandoned castle. Levi raised his thin eyebrows at her as he crossed his arms around his chest.

"What is it?" Furlan asked, filled with anticipation. "(Y/n) likes Levi!" She snickered, making Levi glared at her. He has no interest in you, but there's something about you that makes him want to know you more, other than the fact you were Erwin's adopted daughter.

"If you're doing that to piss me off, I'm telling you it's not working. She's a stupid kid." Levi retorted. "She's planning on giving you something when we get back." Oh really?

*Fast Forward*

That moment he came back from that first expedition, Isabel and Furlan was long gone, making Levi kept his guard up. He doesn't want to get attached easily to anyone, afraid that he may hurt himself when they die. 

Levi nevertheless wanted to know what you were planning to give him but waited for four years for your return from the Training Corps. In those years, he worked his way up to become Humanity's Strongest.

Levi still doesn't like you because of your bratty attitude from the last time he saw you and only wanted you when you make tea. By the time you returned, he was eager to have a cup of your homemade tea. Keeping a cold demeanor, he remained stoic even after you teased him about his groggy face early in the morning. It never slipped his mind through those years to ask you what Isabel was referring to.