✵34: Wandering Soul✵

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

Trapped in a bright white room. Am I dead? Is this the afterlife? I took a step forward, and the place immediately modified into a room. I recognize this place. The place looks surreal. I looked up the familiar room and saw a telephone and a phonograph, devices that Paradis doesn't have. Modern technology?

"Uwwwaahhhh!" A crying baby's voice was behind me, making me turn around. Mom?

My mother was standing beside a cradle, gently rocking while wiping the tears from her eyes. I sauntered towards the cradle beside mother and saw my baby-self in it, whimpering.

"Please stop crying..." My mother sniffled as she tried to think what I was crying for. My right hand, unconsciously, gently ruffled the hair of my younger self, making it stop crying.

"What?" My mother said with a startled voice as she looked up at me. Could she see me?

"Is that you? (Y/n)?" She said and reached out to touch me, but I stumbled back. You are cursed to be a restless wanderer. The last thing my mother said before she died echoed as my eyes started grieving. I avoided my gaze from her as I try to fight back the tears trickling down.

"I apologize. I just... that... it is hard raising you on my own. Adam left so soon even though he has two more years left. And my mother just passed away after you were born." Her voice was always comforting, but the pain she left on her dying breath that fateful day still stung you.

"What is wrong?" She asked as she tenderly took my chin by her left hand to face her. Tears were already flowing down my cheeks.

"Did I do something wrong in the future?" Her eyes looked at me worriedly. Telling her about how she cursed me will not change anything. Even if she did not scourge me, I would still be a restless wanderer for summoning the Spine.

"Life did not treat you well, did they?" I reluctantly hummed a yes.

"It is not simple to say. I'll be honest, I know I would give it all back for a chance to start over and rewrite and correct any errors I've made when I raised you. Then I'm sorry, (Y/n) if you are suffering right now. But I tell you. You can be scared of the life that's inside you." She said and caressed my left cheeks with her left hand and her right hand on my belly. What are you trying to say?

"Growing stronger each day. Until it finally reminds you to fight just a little more, (Y/n)." I don't understand. She pulled me in her arms and hugged me.

Mom!

I buried my face on her shoulders as I cried a river. "I love you, mom."

*Zap*

Third Person's P.O.V.

*10 minutes ago*

Your body was placed on the wagon beside Hange, who was injured from the gunfight. Historia and Eren were looking down at your body that was slowly becoming lifeless. Erwin arrived and came to check up on everyone.

"Is everyone alright?" Erwin asked. His face became unsettled when he saw your body covered with blood and a hole in your chest.

"Hange is not badly injured, but (Y/n) has a limited time," Levi said as he sadly looked at Erwin. Historia went down the carriage, cueing Eren to do what he has to do.

"Commander, Levi, may I?" Eren asked permission to touch you by the shoulders. The two of them were perplexed at first, and it made Levi furious just seeing Eren trying to lay a finger on you. Time was running out for you, so Erwin just nodded. Eren knelt down and placed his hands on your shoulder tightly. He looked into your dilated eyes as he inhaled deeply.