72: The Restless Wanderer

Warning: Levi simps might cry.

Third Person P.O.V.

Levi jumped down from Falco's back, penetrating his sharp blade from your head down to your tail. As Levi runs the last of his blades on your parasitic form, slicing you in half. A memory a year prior unraveled midway.

The sun was slowly setting as (Y/n) placed a cup of warm chamomile tea by Levi's side. Levi was sitting on the bench outside the teashop you got from the old Marley that had passed away and entrusted the place to you. 

You took in the beautiful sight of Levi napping peacefully as the wind brushed his raven hair, hands resting his lap.

Kneeling down in front of him, you held his hands, waking him up. He fluttered his eyes open and felt warm tears flowing out of his eyes as he woke up from a long nightmare. His grey eyes first saw your beautiful face as you smile lovingly towards him.

"Why are you crying, Levi?" You asked with your head tilted innocently to the left as he lightly sniffled.

"Just a long nightmare... that's all." Levi monotonously said as he leaned forward to kiss your forehead.

"I made you tea. That should do the trick to calm you down."

"I don't have to drink that tea as long as I'm with you." He gave a minuscule smile, but your smile slowly faded away. Looking around, he realized that he was only there because you wanted to meet him in secret. 

You wanted to tell him something after all those years you were gone. His smile disappeared and returned to a stoic expression.

"I'm just wondering whether everything that's happening is all right... You're married, (Y/n)." He muttered as you stood up and frowned.

"The raid for Liberio will soon come to pass... hiding away or running away seems like the only way to survive... Zeke would be looking for me at this time."

"Then why are we here?"

"For closure..." Oh. That's what all Levi thought. He never wanted to leave this place. His dream teashop on the open field with a few neighboring houses with the love of his life here altogether. It's a dream he never wants to wake up from.

"Why did you marry him?" He finally asked the question that had been troubling him for years.

"I love him-"

"Bullshit! Tell me the fucking truth!" Taking you by surprise, your eyes narrowed a bit as you sat next to him.

"So that I could ask for your forgiveness." A million thoughts were running through his head, but he wanted to relish this last moment with you.

"I knew you wouldn't move on that easily. So I thought if you were to really remember me for the rest of your life, then I don't want the last thing you remember about me was how I called you a fool and how much I hated you."

"If beardy never came for you or if you never met him at all and this whole titan shifting monsters and Spine power never existed, would you have loved me instead?"

"I've always loved you, Levi. But we both know that we are two souls too broken to start over again. Zeke needed me just as much as I needed him. We both have blood-stained hands as children for a big cause. This whole nation that could turn into Titans all started with my blood. And I do not want you to walk the path I chose."

You were staring down the ground, lips curved downward, and eyes, now glistening with tears. Levi knelt down in front of you as he cupped your cheeks. He pulled your face closer as you held his arms. Forehead touching one another as Levi held back another wave of tears.