✵40: Miles Away✵

*Before Zeke screamed and (Y/n) transformed into a Titan*

[Y/n]'S P.O.V.

"Tell me what's going on?" I calmly asked as I looked at my mother. Her eyes met mine as I slightly backed away from her, fearing that she might curse me all over again.

"Do you really think you can escape your fate?" I don't understand. Her voice was cold, and it made me quiver in fear. Figures of about twenty other women rose up from the sand and stood behind my mother.

"What?"

Sand flew up the air, and the place suddenly took the form of a mundane area. It was a forest. My eyes scanned the field and saw the village I burned down. The four-year-old self passed by me and stopped beside me to stare at the horizon. She fisted her chest and furrowed her eyebrows.

"Stupid Spine! This curse must end with me!" She screamed and fisted her chest. I promised myself to never have descendants. Now that I am with a child, I've broken my vow.

My hands held onto my baby bump as my lips curved downwards. The place returned back to the boundless sand. My mother and the women behind her stared blankly at me as I waited for them to enlighten me.

"You did something that none of us could do."

"To end our bloodline, isn't it?" You sighed wearily, and you looked down on your belly. "What becomes of my child?"

"The Spine will set the child free." How? Would he or she not inherit the power of the Spine once he or she is born? Your heart broke into a million pieces when you realized what they meant. End the bloodline. Death!

"What you're thinking is right. Rather than having it to suffer through the cruel life, it would be best for its soul to be relieved." My mother monotonously said, not even the feeling of remorse or grief tainted on her face.

"How do I end my life?" I asked as my vision became blurry from the tears.

"The cervical part of the Spine that was adhered by the Founding Titan must become one with yours. When the Rumbling comes to pass. The Ackermann must slay you in your true form. By the looks of your current relationship, I don't think he will ever end you."

I've lost sight of my lucid goal, and now I'm paying for the consequences of striving to live life in normalcy. She's right. Levi will never slay me now because of our relationship. There was only one way, break his heart, have everyone closest to you to hate and despise you.

"I know what I must do."

"Good, surrender to the wave of your fate and end this curse once and for all." A turbulent wind blew, and they all turned to dust and disappeared.

"I need you!" A familiar deep voice echoed in the oblivion. I looked up at the dark sky and around and saw no one.

"I know you could hear me (Y/n), but I'm saying this in case this is really the last time we'll ever have each other. Fight for your life! And live! Thank you for making me your family, and thank you for standing with me until the end of the line."

Erwin! My hand rubbed something wet just below my eyes, but I wasn't crying. I felt a warm kiss on my forehead as I couldn't help myself but whimper in desperation. I'm sorry, Erwin. Still trapped in Ymir's domain, I looked up the pillar of light, kneeling down in self-pity as I couldn't seem to wake myself up.

Faint footsteps echoed in front of me as my eyes met the gaze of Ymir.

"I'm ready to finish this."