♟64: Judgement♟

Third Person P.O.V.

"Yelena!" Onyankopon gasped as the man she shot on the head landed with a loud thud on the cemented floor, earning horrified screams from the captives who witnessed it.

"I apologize for his disrespect. This island has no need for those who would call you devils. Believe me, our true goal is nothing as hollow as getting revenge on Marley. Our goal is to end the cycle of hatred to save Eldia and even Marley. I'll tell you everything about the couple's plan to save the world. Their 'euthanization' plan." 

Yelena casually said as the rest of the prisoners who witnessed the murder were still in shock. Before she could take a seat and talk about the plan, she remembered what you said back at the balcony.

*Flashback*

"Instead of telling them, you met Eren in secret to convince him to go with Zeke's plan. I want you to tell them this one... I told Eren to infiltrate Marley on his own. Way before he even came to Marley. I've already talked to him about this even before my son was born. I don't want them to slander your name. It's better if it were mine." 

You whispered your favor in her right ear as she listened to every word while crouching down on your level. Her eyes widened at what you said, causing her to be taken aback.

"What?" Yelena was confused and agitated. Why would you care for the image of an insignificant Marleyan woman? Before you could even answer her, you coughed a bit, trying to get out anything that was blocking your airpipe.

"Yelena, I'm growing weak each day because I used up the Spine's power to force an Ackermann to forget me. I could've stayed strong so long as I am far away from him, but he touched me when I came back, and this never stopped. My time is slowly running out." You coughed out blood and stained your clothes even more.

"But I should be the one protecting your image! I should be the one taking bullets for you." She raised her voice as you kept a calm demeanor.

"This is what I want you to do. It is the mark I have to leave. Plus, what I told you is true."

*End of Flashback*

"Stop children from being born?"

"Correct. That's their euthanization plan." Yelena thoroughly explained how it would be a peaceful way to make the Eldian nation extinct.

"Their history of tears and bloodshed will be put to an end by the three Yeagers. I don't know how long humanity will last, but it's hard to think that a greater feat will ever come to pass. People will speak of a mother who lost saved her child from this cruel world and brothers as legends for millennia to come. Like the gods of the past."

The sight of Wall Maria standing mightily tall under the gray sky that recently poured rain reminded you of the time when Erwin first brought you inside the walls