♕5: Across the Sea♕

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

Our little farewell party ended as I wore my navy-blue hooded cape. I carried my bag to my shoulders and looked at Zeke, who was waiting by the living room. His grandparents were already fast asleep, so we quietly sneaked out of the apartment. Zeke was wearing his candidate warrior uniform, and his gun was on his side. We cautiously walked on the silent, empty streets.

A Marleyan soldier suddenly appeared, and Zeke abruptly pulled me into a dark alley. I kept my mouth shut so we won't draw any attention. He peeped from left to right before he signaled me to follow him. My nervousness wasn't helping as my hands kept shaking.

"Hey! what are you two doing in the middle of the night?!" Another Marleyan soldier exclaimed from behind. I froze on my spot and held my hood. "Good evening Sir, I was just sending this child home since it's past curfew. You see, he got separated from his parents at the town square a while ago." Zeke said and saluted the man. He sternly looked at Zeke, whose face was calm, and glanced at me.

"Very well, soldier, at ease." The fat Marleyan soldier said and left us.

Do I look like a boy?

I heaved a sigh of relief as Zeke patted my head for comfort. I held unto his shirt from the back for security, and we continued to walk towards the port. Just as he planned, the battleship was still being loaded with Eldian prisoners by the Marleyan soldiers. The both of us were hidden beside the crates of their supply.

"I guess this is goodbye, Zeke." I frowned as I tried my best to stop the tears from flowing down. He carried my tiny body and placed me on an empty crater. He set his chin on my right shoulder and hugged me.

"Now remember what I told you. Use your Titan powers in case they caught you. When you get to Paradis, tell them nothing from where you came from or what the outside world is." He whispered and pulled away from the hug. I couldn't stop my tear as I silently sniffled.

"I'll come to find you one day, and we'll be both restless wanderers when our plan for Eldian Empire comes true

"I'll come to find you one day, and we'll be both restless wanderers when our plan for Eldian Empire comes true." He said and wiped away the tears from my eyes. He signaled me to kneel down as I did what he gestured. He covered the wooden crate that I was in. Darkness engulfed me inside the box as I kept myself silent. There were only little lights from one of the smallest gaps of the wooden crater.

"You there! Boy! Get that crater inside the ship!" I heard a soldier shouted. I felt the box get carried and placed on a pushcart. The little lights from the gaps of the wooden box disappeared because of a fabric that covered it. I heard metal clanking as I sensed that I was pushed and placed on the floor.

"Goodbye (F/n) (L/n)." I heard Zeke as the sound of his footsteps became faint.

After a few hours, I heard a soldier shout that it's time for departure. In just a minute, I sensed the movement of the battleship. I hugged my knees in an attempt to at least comfort myself.