Morax and Barbatos

(A/N: This was happening at the same time Childe and Aether talked to each other.)

Venti's POV

"Excuse me, can I have some tea as well?" I ask the waitress. They bow in reply as they then go into the kitchen. I would've liked some alcohol instead but, I can't be getting drunk in front of him. Who knows what I'll do and what he'll do to me. Well, there's also that matter of talking so, I really should hold back on alcohol for now. I mean, I can drink some once we get back to Mondstadt.

"...You? Having tea? That's a bit new." Zhongli says, smiling mischievously, as if he was trying to tease me.

"Shut the hell up. I'll drink some alcohol once I get back to Mondstadt anyway." I reply to his snide remark. It's been quite a while since I've last met or talked to him. I'm feeling... nostalgic? Or perhaps... happy? I guess I'll just have to see what happens.

"I hope we aren't going to discuss things in the past. It'll just get both of us depressed." I say, trying to avoid things that are already long gone. If we do, in fact, talk about the past, it would just make me want to drink all of it away.

"Precisely." He says as he then takes a sip of tea from his cup. Then, the waitress came back to the table and put the tea right in front of me.

"Thank you!" I say, flashing a smile at her. She bows and then goes back to the counter. Seeing the tea was still steaming, probably still too hot, it seems that I'll just drink it once it cools down. Well, it was going to be a while before it actually cools down so, why not start a conversation? Let's see how long I can talk with this blockhead.

"So, what do you want to talk about first?" I ask him, crossing my fingers and waiting for a reply. He stops drinking tea and puts down his cup, getting ready to answer.

"How about something simple... such as.. the present?" He suggests, staring at me for confirmation and looking for an agreement. I have to say... he really does seem to get all serious whenever an agreement or a contract shows up in front of him. 

"Sure. But what exactly?" I ask him once again. This was getting rather... awkward from an outsider's point of view. We didn't know what to talk about at all and just kept on returning the same question to each other over and over again. Seeing as the tea wasn't steaming as much anymore, I grab the cup and take a sip.

"...You've been getting along with the Traveler a little too well, it seems." He says, completely catching me off guard. I cough, in hearing that. I did almost spit out what I just drank but, I almost choked instead.