Healing, slowly but surely.

Venti's POV

"How are you doing?" I hear a girl's voice say behind me as she sighs afterwards. I turn to look and see that it was Mona, smirking and looking better but still worried at the same time. Well, at least I'm glad she doesn't cry whenever she sees me anymore. 

"It's you again. We just met like 30 minutes ago." I say, kind of shocked that she was already looking much better than she was earlier. Though, I'm not judging her for that or anything. Her recent actions and reactions are understandable. Especially to me.

"Do you not want to see me anymore, is that it, huh~?" She says in an angry tone as she pinches my cheek and stretches it.

"Sorry sorry~!" I yelp, trying to push her away. Despite being someone who's only versed in spells and magic, she was quite strong. She smiles at me, then releasing. I place my hand on the cheek she had stretched. God... with the way it was hot, I imagine it was red and straining right now.

"Anyway, I brought some friends along." She says, then pointing behind her. I stare in front of the direction she's pointing at. I wasn't really seeing anything until they revealed themselves.

"Hello." Zhongli says, having Childe behind him. How long has it been since they've visited me? I'm not sure I remember but, this is certainly a sight for sore eyes. I'm not complaining. It's really refreshing to see everyone doing alright.

"How cold. And here I thought you would come up to me, asking me if I'm okay with tears in your eyes." I tease him a little. I don't want to be sad anymore. Because if I am sad, than everyone around me would feel it, and the atmosphere will turn sad. And I really don't want to be stuck in it anymore.

"An overreaction but, what did I expect. Yes, I did visit here just so I could see if you were doing well." Zhongli answers seriously. As expected. An old geezer like him doesn't have a sense of humor. But, it's nice to see he hasn't changed at all.

"Now that you have, are you leaving?" I ask, easing up a bit. Well, I was still teasing him quite a bit. It's not that I'm teasing him just to annoy him. It's just so that I can assure him that it's still me inside. Nothing's changed, nothing will ever change, I will... always be like this. He might think that I've become a new person just because Aether's gone but... if I do that then, I'm not going to be the Venti that fell in love with Aether anymore.

"No. Since I'm already here, it's a good time to look around and see what you've done with this city." He says as his eyes wander and look at the buildings in Mondstadt. He then starts walking away, ignoring me completely as the person behinds him steps up with flowers in his hand.