ALTERNATE ENDING 01

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◆◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◆◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤

ALTERNATE ENDING 01

What happens if Venti decides to stay in his Ideal Dream World forever?

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◆◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◆◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤

Venti's POV

"I'll see you on the other side." Mona tells me as she starts disappearing slowly. I stumble, starting to wonder whether or not I can really do this. It's fine. I've already made my decision, and I can live without Aether...

Now that I've said it so bluntly, I don't think I can do it after all. A world without Aether... is a world that shouldn't exist in the first place. Thinking about it is giving me a headache. From the moment I met him, I've been thinking about nothing but him. Shouldn't that be enough evidence that I love him?

But why is it that whenever I feel some sort of emotion, something bad happens? Whether it's happiness, relief, love, or something else, it turns into the opposite of that in a matter of days, seconds even. I just want to finally be happy. And this dream... is definitely something that will always make me happy.

I might be running away and contradicting every single thing I've said before but, I'm tired. I'm way too tired to put up an act that everything will be fine. I'm tired of trying to fix everything in my life. I'm tired of everything in general. At least in here, in my mind, I'll be fine. If my present body dies, at least my mind stays in one place. A place where everything is how it should be.

A walk up to the front door, reaching my hand out to grab the doorknob but, my hands were trembling. I promised Mona... I told her I would be fine. So... why am I so scared..? Actually, I know the answer to my worries. I know the answers to all of it. Since I know all of it, it just makes me even more scared.

I'm scared of forgetting everything. I'm scared of what happens in the future. I'm scared of falling in love again. I'm scared of everything after this point. After I decide to say goodbye. Maybe... it's better to not say goodbye at all. If I'm so scared, then I don't have to force myself to do the things I don't want to.