True Confession

Third Person's POV

Both of them just simply walk back to Mondstadt. No conversations, no words, not a single voice was heard on that entire walk back. Well, they were only at the Stone Gate so, both of them were wishing that one of them would initiate a conversation or something to break the silence. Although, Venti was rather preoccupied with his own thoughts, he didn't really know what to say.

Same with Aether. He was too busy thinking how to properly fix things between the both of  them. Planning, rehearsing words on his head and sometimes he mumbles it out accidentally which then Venti turns around to look at Aether to see what he was mumbling about. Aether, seeing Venti stare at him, immediately looks away which then turns the situation even more awkward.

With those reactions, Venti couldn't help but wonder if he had done something to offend Aether or something that would make the other boy dislike him, seeing as he quickly looks away whenever they make eye contact. And these thoughts were making Venti sad, and thus making him not want to start up a conversation even more.

Aether, on the other hand, was rather really scared of making eye contact because he might do something that he'll regret. Not physical damage, or any of the sort but rather... 'out of impulse' actions that would certainly make Venti be uncomfortable. Sudden hugs, sudden touch of hands, and all those sorts of things.

Worried about making Venti uncomfortable, it also stops Aether from starting up a conversation, which then puts them into this loop. Loop of sadness, loop of thoughts, loop of actions, and it went on the whole way. From Wangshu Inn, to the Stone Gate. Not even going to be surprised if this continued until they reached Mondstadt.

But Aether, having that sort of deadline in his head, just put him in some sort of rush. Thousands of thoughts run through his mind. Thinking about plans, thinking about what he should do, and it goes even deeper and faster, the closer they get to Mondstadt. He had promised himself that he would definitely make things right before, or when they reach Mondstadt. 

Because he has this feeling somewhere that if he doesn't do it now, he'll never get the chance to again. Either because other people would stop him from doing so, or maybe people asking for help, thus making him busy, or Venti would lose interest and move on. Such thoughts were basically making him want to do this the sooner, the better.

It's not like he was rushing things. He was actually thinking about it rationally and thoroughly. Making sure it was right, making sure his feelings were correct, making sure that everything was correct and true. He didn't want the same thing to happen again so, he was thinking about it properly. He hadn't even noticed but in the entire trip, from going to Liyue, to going back to Mondstadt, he was just thinking about Venti.