Lonely Windblume Festival

Aether's POV

It's been a month since the Lantern Rite. Now, it is time for Mondstadt's own festival, which is the Windblume Festival! It's fun and exciting to be participating in this festival but, it's just... I don't really have anything to do.

I'm not particularly against that freedom but, Venti on the other hand is absolutely busy. So busy to the point that he can't even spare time to talk to me. Apparently, he's busy teaching other people how to write poems and managing the festival itself. Well, he is their archon so, I understand but... I want him to look at me too.

I can't do anything about that. In any case, I still can't believe it's already been a month. Nothing much has happened. Only one month has passed so, I don't expect it to give out something brand new. Hmm, I guess I'm contradicting myself since this all started when I just read about love, realized I was in love long before, and confessed in the span of a week. 

So, you really can't know what the future holds. Sure, Mona could be able to help me with that but, she couldn't read my fate as I came from another world. That being said, I don't have any new leads on my sister. I've already came across Inazuma and, it really did shed light on a few details about this world.

(A/N: Again, the statement above is not confirmed yet, but needed in this story because of the fact that, let's face it, Aether won't stop looking for his sister, right? So, I added this because of that fact.)

Still don't have enough information about the reasoning behind her actions, though. Well, today's a festival so, I have to enjoy myself no matter what. Not only for myself, but for Venti as well. Paimon has just been hanging out with Mona, Albedo, and Klee, leaving me all by myself.

I do get that she wants to give us some space for alone time and I really am grateful for that but, I still want a companion or someone to talk to. All of the Knights of Favonius are busy. As well as Diluc as he's managing the tavern. I can't even do commissions when no one even wants to accept my help.

Should I just sleep? I don't have anything to do really... And I've participated in most events in this festival already. Ugh. I really wish I could just be with Venti but, again, he's busy helping others. Normally, I would be the one that's busy but now that I'm the one that's on the other side, I really don't like it.

Should I maybe talk to other people I know? Fischl... busy with Bennett and Razor. Noelle... she's helping Barbara and Rosaria apparently. Sucrose... she's with Albedo. The shopkeepers are, of course, at their own shop. There really isn't anyone free. Except for me.

Every time I offer help, they don't accept. So now, what am I supposed to do? Right now, I'm currently under the huge statue of Venti. Funny how people in Mondstadt don't even realize it's him. Oh? Venti?

I see him walking towards this area. Well, this is where he does his poetry classes so, I probably shouldn't disrupt. Even though mostly everyone knew we were lovers, I of course need to, apparently, 'stop distracting' him with me constantly looking at him.

It made me sad at first but, I felt happier after he said that he couldn't stop looking at me too. Gosh, I want to hug him now. He was slowly approaching this area so, I stand up from crouching, and start walking towards him. He flinches in surprise when he sees me but, he then smiles cheerfully. I wave at him happily.

"Aether! I didn't know you were here! Good morning!" He says, smiling brightly as he walks closer to me and hugs me tightly. I resist the urge to hug him back as it would probably attract the attention of the crowd that was behind him so, I just pat him on the head and smile at him.

"Good morning. How are you?" I ask, seeing that he's been quite busy and it's been a few days that we haven't seen each other. Well, of course we see each other but, just briefly. Like stares or glimpses. Not interacting that much, sadly.

"I'm doing good! How about you?" He asks, letting go of me, still smiling brightly. I just want to drag him back home and cuddle with him while laying on the bed. Still, after this festival, I'll have him all to myself once again.

"I'm glad. And I'm doing great too." Well, I wasn't that great but, of course I'll just worry him if I say that. I smile at him reassuringly and he smiles back. The crowd behind him are now currently looking at him, waiting patiently. 

"You seem busy. I'll just talk to you later?" I say, seeing that he probably won't stop smiling and looking at me if I don't do anything to stop it. I would love for him to continue doing that but, he has an entire crowd behind him waiting for him to teach.

"Mhm! I'll meet up with you later so, wait for me!" He nods, happily. Geez, he must be really happy to see me... Well, it was quite obvious with his reactions and over the top replies. Not that this is a bad thing though.

"I'll just stand and watch━ ah right. I'll go back home then." I say, cutting myself off since if I stand and watch, he'll get distracted. Seems like I have nothing to do but sleep or... eat.

"I'll just come by soon enough! We'll have our own date soon enough." He smirks, patting me on the back as he waves goodbye, walking away. I sigh, and see that the crowd of people were following him. Some of them even smirk and chuckle, seeming like they've listened in on our entire conversation. Nothing I can do about that since we basically talked in front of everyone.

I then walk away, walking back to my home. There really isn't anything left for me to do. This amount of free time for me is... new. Again, it's not bad it's just... unusual. He did say that he'll come by and we'll have our own date soon so, I should trust his words. This will be quite the lonely Windblume Festival.