A New New Year's Day

Venti's POV

I can't believe it... I really can't. I didn't know this day would come. This day that I've dreamt about for so long. Me being in a relationship with him was already surprising enough, let alone marrying that same person. It's just... so unbelievable.

I was just playing my lyre, singing songs to people and getting an apple or two from it. Never did I expect, simply bumping into Mona because I was watching him would get me this far. He isn't being forced in doing this, right? If he was, then that would explain why he's been with me for so long. There isn't a lot of good things about me.

Ah, I shouldn't think like that. He married me after all. If he was just being forced, he wouldn't have been the one to initiate the kiss. Innocent and genuine looks in his eyes kept on reassuring me. This... isn't a dream, right? This isn't just some ideal dream world I'm having right now, right?

With how much fun they're having, it really doesn't seem like a dream. If it was a dream, then I would only factor in Aether and no one else. But... everyone is having a good time. Drinking, dancing, playing together, and singing. I can't even drink right now because of being so surprised.

I should... relish these kinds of moments. Friendships or maybe even relationships are being made to this very day because of our marriage. Looks like what I did was indeed the right choice. Showing that I'm a boy, marrying another boy so openly really did make people relieved. There hasn't been any negative comments at all. Just... happiness. Pure bliss.

I remain seated on one of the tables, processing what was happening. It was the reception and, it seems like Ningguang has built this place. This huge, beautiful and fancy house just for this special day. I've heard of her Jade Chamber and it being destroyed but, I shouldn't really be surprised that she could make another one so easily. Well, this one doesn't float so, it might've been too easy.

"Are you enjoying the party so far, my child~?" Speak of the devil. Ningguang approaches me, smirking as she was sipping on a champagne glass. She places her arm, resting it on the back of my chair.

"It's... still so surprising to me." I say, making her flinch in surprise. She then sits down at the seat in front of me, crossing her legs and setting her glass at the table.

"Are you having doubts?" She asks, looking at me in a sort of serious way but, comforting at the same time. With her welcoming smile, it's quite easy to talk to her. That trait of her is probably why she's gotten a lot of business deals.