The Curse of Immortality

Third Person's POV

"Why are you here?" Venti asks Mona, glaring at her with empty eyes. He hadn't thought about the possibility of someone from outside entering his world so, in panic, he removed all sorts of emotions and kept... calm.

The wind was blowing as the waves continued. Mona could feel herself tremble due to that glare. Without even Venti telling her, his eyes were saying to leave this place immediately. But, she has already made her resolve. She promised Aether so, she's going to have to get Venti back no matter what happens. 

"I'm here to tell you to come back." She says, having a serious and determined face. She knew this wasn't going to be easy but, she was going to do anything she can to make it happen. If she couldn't save Aether, then she was definitely going to try to save Venti.

"If that's the case, then I'm sorry. I can't do that." Venti says, having a calm look. He had already decided to stay. Staying in this haven he made was much better than facing the truth. If he removed himself here, he was afraid of going insane in reality. Unfortunately, Mona doesn't know about it.

"Why?" Mona asks, wondering why he refuses to come back. She feels herself shaking, soon hoping to calm down. If she wasn't calm, then she might snap out of it and get angry at Venti. Knowing that it would only make everything much worse, she tries her best to stop it from happening.

"I'm happier here with my family." Venti says in reply, having a smile on his face. Mona's brow creases in frustration. Well, it did look like they were happy but, they didn't even exist. This 'family' of his was one huge facade. An illusion to only make him happy. His 'family' wasn't even able to say no to him.

"And what? Choosing to abandon reality and live in this world of lies? Yeah, sure sounds really happy." Mona says sarcastically. She had thought about the possibility if she was the one living in a world like this, and she knew she would never like it. She pursues the truth more than anything else. So, living in one huge lie was something so irritating to her.

"Mind your own business. I don't want to hear that from someone who failed to keep their promise." Venti rolls his eyes, still angry about the fact that Mona couldn't keep her promise from the beginning. Before him and Aether even got together, she promised them that so, that was a something that was highly important to Venti. Seeing that it wasn't kept, it wasn't such a good look. 

"-! Listen, I know that I failed. I promised both of you to protect you from harm but, since I failed, I'll keep my promise of guiding you to the right direction. This? What you're doing right now? Is far from the right direction." Mona says, her tone starting to sound upset. All she wants was for them to be happy. If she thinks that she's wrong and she should stop, she would do so. But, if she knew that another person was living wrongly, she would never be able to just ignore it.