Our Honorary Knight

Third Person's POV

"Marriage?!" Jean yells out in surprise, her eyes wide open, same with her mouth. You could practically hear the words echoing on the walls. Even some of the people around them flinch in surprise, staring at their direction.

"Shh!" Aether lets out, putting a finger in front of his mouth as to tell Jean to be quieter about it. Jean immediately covers her mouth, looking extremely guilty as she also looked like she was about to laugh. But then, it was rather too late.

"What's this about marriage? Also, I'm back, Jean!" A girl's voice was heard as she then sits down next to Jean. Sighing slightly as she seemed as though she was finished with everything she had to do, basically currently taking a break.

"Ah, welcome back Barbara. Did you get everything fixed up?" Jean uncovers her mouth, calming down as she stares at Barbara who happily sits down next to her. She sits straight up and puts her arms on the table.

"Yes yes, with the help of Rosaria! Although, she said she wanted to take a break. She's probably at the tavern." Barbara sighs, looking quite exhausted as well. She might've had to deal with Rosaria's perfect retorts so, it wasn't an easy battle but it looked like she succeeded.

"I see. Since everything is ready, I guess we should give ourselves a break as well." Jean says, smiling comfortably to the the three that were sitting in front of her. She knew that she needed a break, as well as her other friends or co-workers that were slightly overworked. The holiday season is a time for maximum efficiency, but also a time that's perfect for a break. But in this case, it would be better to do both.

"Okay! Now, what's this about marriage?" Barbara claps her hands, staring at Aether in confusion as she smiles, immediately getting back into the topic that Jean desperately tried to make her forget. But Jean then looks away, guilty as she can't do anything about it anymore. Aether simply sighs, knowing that this would happen eventually.

"Aether is thinking of proposing to Venti." Amber quickly and straight-forwardly says, soon looking as if she was trying to hold in her laugh. Well, she was holding in a lot of excitement that was just kept inside her.

"Amber!" Aether yells out in a slightly angry tone and confusion as to why she had to say it. Barbara, meanwhile, simply had her mouth wide open in surprise. Aether sighs, realizing once again that it was too late to take it back. 

"Sorry! I just... I was just so excited." Amber apologizes, looking extremely guilty but the smile still remained on her face. Seems like she was so happy for Aether and Venti that she couldn't help but tell someone else about it.