Reminiscence

Venti's POV

I hate this.

I hate walking around Mondstadt now.

Everything here is reminding me about him.

The walls, the floors, the inside of the buildings, the statue, the fountain, the library, and everything else in between. 

Everything here is just screaming his name.

The walls where he used to lean on, used to make small talk or used it to wall slam me. The floors where I used to sit on, watching him from afar as he laughed softly, smiled brightly, and just going on about his day. The buildings, the library, everything is just reminding me of him as he was everywhere, helping everyone.

The fountain where I used to toss a couple coins in so that my wishes for him to fall in love with me come true. The statue where we sometimes sit on, it's hands still have the same warmth when he left that seat. Good Hunter, the General Goods Store, the blacksmith, the adventurer's guild, the flowers, Angel's Share, every single place that was present in Mondstadt always had some sort of memory with him.

It's all driving me so insane. 

Remembering that those memories coming back to me are now going to be known as a remembrance for him. Reminiscing on all the embarrassing times. The lotion, the lingerie, the drunk talk, the misunderstandings, the dirty thoughts, every single thing that I've loathed doing before makes me... relieved that I did it when he was still alive.

His voice, his cute face, telling me that he loves me so much... remembering how he says it is sending shivers down my spine as I feel warmth. But it ends up sending me back into coldness when I remember what was in the present. I keep myself comforted and warm by remembering different events of the past.

The time when I was thinking about him so seriously that I almost broke my lyre, the time when I was questioning whether or not it was right for me to love another boy, stopping the music just so I could sneak out and find him, then dreaming about him and fantasizing about being his lover, only to be found out by Mona who was passing by.

Starting to be better friends with Mona and Paimon, discussing about Aether and what my plan should be. Visiting him at the library and then confessing, although he misunderstands me, at least it gave him time to think about it. Regardless, I was still depressed about it before he then decides to invite me to Liyue.