ch 4: sunny

The annual seventh-grade sleepover was coming up. It was a yearly tradition where everyone spent the night on campus and there were various activities set up for us.

I paced around Nate's room, tugging at my hair anxiously as he calmly listed off a few of the different things we could do.

"All that sounds fun and all, but you heard that after all the chaperones go to their little party, everybody gets together to play 'Suck and Blow', right?"

His shrug as he continued playing video games was enough to drive me insane.

"So... what's the big deal?"

My eyes widened in disbelief; I couldn't believe he wasn't freaking out right along with me.

"The big deal?! Nate, I've-- I've never kissed anybody. And the boys in our class...? Eww, gross."

I grimaced and shook my head as I thought about all the immature guys in our class, but when Nate rolled his eyes, I had to smirk a little.

"Gee... thanks, Flower."

"I wasn't talking about you, Nate. I just..."

I couldn't admit out loud that I was still thinking about Tristan. I mean, he made it clear a few weeks ago that he liked that other girl, so why do I still think about him?

I want to hate him, but I hate myself because I can't hate him.

I just wished this stupid crush would finally go away.

I would always be a little kid to Tristan: someone he would always think of as a little kid and he had no problem reminding me.

If I didn't try to start making this crush go away, I'd never get over it.

I was barely listening to Nate when I leaned down, placing my lips against his.

I figured a first-kiss with Nate would be better than kissing someone else... especially since I knew it would never be Tristan.

🖤