ch 16: nate

"You were right, ya know? God, I'm an idiot!"

Even though I wanted to tell her 'I told you so', I couldn't; I hated seeing her like this.

After getting a ride from Max again, Sunny and I were in my room. She was sitting across my bed, crying, and all I wanted was to slam Tristan's head into the ground for being so stupid.

How could someone who had her just throw her away like that?

I always knew Tristan was an asshole, but now I was starting to realize just how big of a fucking idiot he was as well.

"I'm so stupid."

"No, you're not."

"Nate--"

"No, Flower, you're awesome, okay? And if he's too stupid to understand that or acknowledge it, then that's on him, not you."

A moment later, she looked over at me with a look of panic painted over her perfect features.

"He was supposed to come over for dinner tonight. We were-- we were gonna tell my dad..."

She trailed off for a moment as her phone rang. She took a look at it and chuckled sarcastically

"...who's know calling, great. What am I supposed to tell him, Nate?"

I had a smile on my face a second later as a plan formed in my head.

"Tell him, there was a change of plans; you're bringing the better O'Connell brother."

🖤

𝕀𝕤 ℕ𝕒𝕥𝕖 𝕥𝕣𝕪𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕠 𝕤𝕨𝕠𝕠𝕡 𝕚𝕟?