ch 9: tristan

Jumping into a new school during my senior year was not what I wanted at all

Jumping into a new school during my senior year was not what I wanted at all... until I found out I'd get to be with Sunny again.

It's been a little over a year since she left and there wasn't a second that I didn't spend thinking about her, beating myself up for the fact that I'd never gotten the chance to tell her how I really felt.

Now that she was coming back into my life, I vowed I wouldn't be scared this time; I wasn't gonna let two fucking years be an issue anymore.

The one thing annoying me that morning as I drove to my brand new high school was Nate, who was sitting next to me, bouncing around in his seat.

"God, I'm so nervous to see her! We haven't talked since she left, I mean... What if she hates me? Dad said he talked to her dad so she knows we're gonna be at her school. Has she reached out to you? Cause she hasn't said anything to me and now I'm--"

"God, Nathan, don't you ever shut the fuck up?! You sound like a girl! Go have your period or something and stop talking!"

That seemed to have silenced him, and a few minutes later we arrived in the student parking lot.

After finding the main office and getting my class schedule, I ditched Nate and headed for my homeroom, glancing at every face I passed, hoping to see the one I'd missed the last thirteen months.

I ended up sitting next to this guy Adam, in my homeroom. After checking out my schedule, he noticed we had every class except second and last period together.

He seemed like just another meathead jock but was nice enough to invite me to sit with him at lunch.

"Who knows, my girl Jay's got some pretty hot friends. I'm pretty sure you'll like one of them."

"Sounds awesome, man."

My smile felt just as fake as my response did. No matter how cute these girls might be, they'd never measure up to the only girl I'd ever be this hung up over.

🖤