ch 37: tristan

I sat back watching Nate and Sunny take pictures together at his Homecoming champagne party, and I was still confused.

That blonde chick full-on kissed him at the game last night and Sunny left because of it-- I just know it.

So what the hell is going on with these two?

"Awww, now, that's adorable. Just like when they were little at Disneyland."

It almost seems like some fucked up alternate universe that I'm living in; does no one remember me and Bunni two years ago?

Did that all just disappear from their minds like I disappeared from hers?

I watched from behind everyone as they walked over to the small bridge in our backyard. The photographers had set up some lighting and garnshing decor, and all I could focus on was Sunny and how beautiful she looked.

It wasn't until I noticed the weird way she was walking up the bridge, and how Nate was smirking and patting her side, way too close to her ass.

Did they... ?

They did... right?

I didn't think I could be more confused but that all changed once Mariah finally showed up. Bunni kinda scurried away, in search of either food or Gia, and Nate was left standing at the gazebo, with that blonde chick once again.

Mariah something...

She walked over and when he went to kiss her, the way she turned her head away was enough to let me know she wasn't very happy at the moment.

Nate and his little 'girlfriend' weren't what was interesting to me though.

It was Sunny, and how stunning she looked that night.

Her usually curly hair was now in looser curls and a half bun, with gold leaving around the top and her forehead, making her look like a greek goddess.

It went along with her gold, sparkly makeup and the white mini dress she had on.

It was covered, of course; with a white-mesh layer that stopped at the floor.

The gold heels were barely visible but she looked taller, even from far away, so I knew her short self was wearing heels.

She smiled at something Gia was whispering to her and under all the gold, twinkling lights she looked like the spitting image of an angel.

And I knew that angels were never meant for guys like me.

🖤