ch 14: nate

I woke up the next morning in the media room and when I rolled over, I wanted to hurl.

Sunny was half-laying on Tristan, with her leg hooked over his and her hand on his chest.

My heart burned when I saw him tighten his hold on her in his sleep.

Suddenly, I couldn't breathe. I needed to get out of there before I blew up.

I ran up to my room and grabbed my shoes, slipping them on before heading out for a run to get my mind off what I had just seen.

When I got back, my mom was in the kitchen working on breakfast. She looked up at me with a bright smile on her face.

"Morning, Sweetie. How was your run?"

"Fine."

Trish wasn't my birth mom but had been raising me since I was little. She didn't have to love me, but she did.

I walked around the island over to where she was in front of the stove. After grabbing a piece of bacon, my hand was swatted away and as I went to wash up for breakfast, Mom asked me if I'd seen Tristan since he wasn't in his bed.

"Uh, yeah, Mom. He's in the Media room. He and Sunny slept together."

I realized the way it sounded the moment I said it, but seeing the freaked-out look on my mom's face as she went to go check on them made it worth it.

I knew I was being petty, but in my head, all I could see were Tristan's hands on Sunny and I hated it.

And I wasn't stupid or sleeping or whatever they were whispering about last night because I definitely heard them making out.

I wanted them to stop for a second or something, at least so I could pretend to wake up and go to the bathroom.

But, no such luck.

I laid there with my back facing towards them, listening to them make out for what felt like hours, hearing every time he made her giggle and every time she made him curse under his breath.

What did last night mean?

Were they together now?

She just broke up with that jerk last night and she's already making out with another one?

🖤