ch 29: tristan

I watched from my spot at the front door as Sunny pushed past me. The tears in her eyes were enough to send me straight into agony.

I followed behind her, wanting to do nothing but wrap her in my arms and comfort her, but I knew I couldn't.

"Bunni--"

"Don't, okay?"

As I looked one final glance at her puffy, red cheeks, I sighed in devastation having seen her in such pain.

Why couldn't she have just listened to me?

Why did she have to go downstairs?

As I followed her out to her car, I knew that whatever was going on in the gym had upset her, and it gutted me that it was because of my so-called brother.

A minute or so later, a short blonde girl ran past me, keeping her head down. I remember her from back in high school as one of the underclass girls that would always hang out at Nate's football practice, checking out the players.

And it seems like she's picked her choice for her senior year.

"Congrats, Little Bro."

I smirked, knowing he was already standing behind me. I took in his disheveled look and the lipstick stains on his grey sweatpants. Shaking my head in disbelief, I grinned, knowing he'd probably just fucked things up with Sunny.

"Didn't think you had it in you."

"Shut up."

I tucked my board under my free arm and used the single crutch to walk past Nate. As I stood in the doorway, I turned back to him, still smiling with glee.

"And you might wanna change and clean-up in there. Don't want Mom and Dad finding out the Golden Child ain't so golden."

I turned back to hobble into the house and as I did, my smile fell.

No lie, it hurt like hell knowing she was crying over Nate. Sunny had really gotten over me, not that I blamed her.

I just never thought she'd actually pick him.

🖤

𝕋𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕤?