ch 36: tristan

The cameras were flashing like crazy as the head football coach ended his introduction speech for Tristan, and as my little brother jogged onto the makeshift stage set up on the field for Homecoming, the crowd began cheering wildly.

He was receiving the 'Player of the Decade' award and the crowd was filled with a bunch of alumni and representatives from prospective teams looking to scout Nate and a few other players for next year.

He'd been on fire during the first half, and with six touchdowns scored in the game already, a new school record, I doubt he would even have to play the second half-- but he probably still would.

As Nate received the trophy and kissed it, I clapped along with the crowd, wanting nothing more than to be home. If I were at home, I wouldn't be staring at the back of the head of the girl three rows ahead of me.

I'd noticed Sunny the second she sat down with her friend Gia, but it's like she doesn't even see me anymore.

She really fell for Nate... I lost my Bunni.

When that little blonde chick who I saw running out the house "that night" ran up and gave Nate a kiss after throwing the Homecoming court sash over Nate's shoulder, my eyes darted straight over to Sunny, and I had to sit back with my parents and not follow after she left.

Her best friend was trailing right behind her, and now, I was left with more questions than I had before.

All I could do now was count down the days until I could move into my place and away from this misery.

🖤