ch 19: nate

There's no better feeling than being carried off the field after a win. The feeling is almost indescribable, like being weightless and floating on air.

The feeling was even sweeter knowing not just my mom, but my dad was there too, rooting me on in the crowd.

After showering and changing right after the game, I met up with my parents in the parking lot, surprised to see Tristan with them.

He'd never gone to one of my games before and I was just about to say something when the person who was standing with him, finally turned around.

Sunny.

We hadn't really talked since that day two weeks ago when I completely made an ass out of myself, but there she was, a bright smile on her face as she wrapped her shorts arms around my neck.

"You were so good out there, Nate."

Once she released her grip on me, she fell back into step with Tristan, who coiled an arm around her waist.

"Yeah, good job, little brother."

The smile on his face as he looked down at Sunny let me know she was the only reason he had shown up at one of my games.

A few more players were leaving the locker room, and as Adam passed us, Tristan smirked and called out to him, sarcastically.

"Yo, Sherwood. Nice bench-riding tonight."

"Tristan!"

Tristan chuckled and tugged Sunny closer, batting his eyelashes innocently over at our parents.

"What, Mom? Just supporting the fam."

We all loaded up into my dad's SUV and as I sunk into one of the seats in the middle row by myself, I rolled my eyes and groaned, trying not to picture whatever Tristan was doing in the row behind me that kept making Sunny giggle.

Before turning on the car, my dad turned around in his seat a proud smile on his face as he looked at me.

"So, where we going for dinner?"

Before I had the chance to even respond, Tristan's mouth had opened, his deep voice booming from behind me.

"Korean Barbeque! Sunny's favorite..."

I looked back over my shoulder just in time to see Flower lean back against Tristan, sighing in content as she stared out the window.

🖤