ch 18: tristan

It's been a few weeks since the night of the dinner I skipped, the night I completely fucked up things with Sunny, and I'm not even really sure what's going on with her anymore.

It seems like things have been weird with her and Nate, too, because she's barely been around and all he seems to be focused on was football.

He's actually starting in next week's game, and even though he can be an annoying little prick, I had to admit, I was proud of him.

Football was ever my thing, and I had no problem letting Nate be the 'Golden Boy', following in our dad's footsteps.

I've always been into skating; the feeling of racing over pavement at high speeds was always an adrenaline rush I loved to chase after.

It was after school, and Brett and I were recording some skating footage at my house when the topic of sponsors came up.

"I don't know, man. Don't you think it would be dope? Getting paid to travel around the world and skate? Sounds like the life..."

I shrugged and rolled my eyes, knowing how my parents would react.

"I guess, dude. But... even if I did get signed or got a sponsor, there's no way my parents would ever let me skip out on college. I mean-- even though my Dad didn't finish, I'm expected to go and graduate."

"Yeah, my mom's up my ass too. I can't imagine how it feels being Karl O'Connell's kid. Like-- you and your brother... you guys are so different."

"Tell me about it, dude."

🖤