ch 11: sunny

As Tristan followed me into the house, I asked him if he wanted anything to drink.

He took a look around and shook his head.

"No, I'm good, thanks. Hey-- where's Gizmo?"

A sad smile was on my face when I turned back to him, yanking the refrigerator door open.

"She died a couple of months ago."

The look on his face when I turned back to him was full of regret as he shut his eyes tight and dropped his head.

"Shit. I'm sorry, Bun."

"It's okay. She was a good pup."

"Even if she did almost crush me to death."

I smirked and playfully shoved him and his arms were instantly around me pulling me close as I stared up into his commanding eyes.

"Nobody told you to sleep on her side of my bed."

He let out a chuckle as he shook his head and pulled me in for a tight hug, groaning as he pulled away.

"Ahh... that was a fun sleepover, wasn't it?"

"Yeah... it was."

We sat at the kitchen island, not really talking about anything in particular until the upcoming weekend, and my plans for it came up.

"Soooo... you going to that party tonight?"

"Yeah, uh, Adam said something about it, so I'm pretty sure we're going."

Tristan gave me a long, careful look before he gave me a quizzical glance.

"Yeah, so... what's the deal with you two?"

"What do you mean?"

"What I mean is... since when is your dad letting his baby girl date a senior?"

Tristan studied my face for a moment and I guess he must've noticed me falter because a moment later, he was smirking and nodding his head knowingly.

"Oh, I get it... he doesn't know about you and litt-"

"No, he doesn't know, okay? So... please, don't tell him. I don't need you going all 'Welcome Back' dance on him again."

"Bun, I only said something because I lo-"

He suddenly stopped, looking at me with wide eyes before they softened.

"I won't say anything..."

Tristan reached over and placed his hand on top of mine on the countertop, rubbing his thumb over mine as he continued.

"... as long as he treats you right."

As my eyes moved from our hands to Tristan's eyes, I almost teared up thinking about the fading bruise on my leg. I bit my lip and took a deep breath before looking into the blue eyes I was praying would believe me.

"Of course, he does..."

🖤

𝕋𝕖𝕒𝕞 ℕ𝕒𝕥𝕖 𝕠𝕣 𝕋𝕖𝕒𝕞 𝕋𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕟?

𝕎𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕕𝕠 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕘𝕦𝕪𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕜 𝕤𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕣?