ch 25: sunny

"Okay, so I brought that purple top, the dark blue two-piece, and the white dress. What do you wanna wear?"

I huffed, watching as Gia placed each piece of clothing on my bed. She had been sewing since she was little and these were a few of my favorite Gia originals.

My meeting at Perfection Records was in less than two hours and I was sufficiently freaking the fuck out.

I always thought that maybe... just maybe, I'd be a songwriter. I never thought I'd be the person standing behind the microphone.

I picked up the purple top, tilting my head back and forth.

"Gee, you're a fucking beast!"

Giavanna Daddio had been my soul sister since the day she walked into Homeroom our junior year.

She was one of the only people at school who didn't gawk over the fact that I was Jordan Prescott's daughter. She knew how much of a dork I could be, and our auras just seemed to click.

"Well, duh... it's why you love me... now, let's get you in it, and we'll see what bottoms we can pair with it."

It took us a few minutes, but once Gia got me into the sequined-top and we paired it with a black skater skirt and my black leather jacket, I sat on my bed to lace us my Converse.

I stood and did a twirl in front of my floor-length mirror, causing Gia to whistle.

"Hot, damn, Sunny Bun! You're like... my favorite doll to play 'dress up' with."

I tilted my head and gave Gia a small smile as I felt the nerves beginning to kick in. I looked up at her in the mirror, my eyes wide with anxiety.

"What if I can't do this? What if they hate my music?"

Gia gave me a confidence-boosting smile in the mirror while taking a seat on my bed.

"Babe, they're gonna love you."

"Yeah... 'cause I'm Jordan Prescott's daughter. Gee, I don't think I can do this. I don't-- I think I'm good en--"

"Don't even finish that sentence 'cause you're more than good enough."

The deep voice boomed throughout my bedroom and when I turned to see Nate standing in the doorway holding what I knew was my go-to chamomile peppermint tea, I felt like I could melt into a puddle of goo.

He crossed the room and set the cup on my nightstand before grabbing my hands, pulling me to stand up as his ocean-blue eyes gazed down at me.

"You're Sunny fucking J and you're gonna show the world that. Now, let's go, Superstar."

🖤