ch 7: tristan

School was just about to let out for the weekend, and after a reminder for the welcome back dance blared on the speakers, the bell finally rang.

I made it out to the parking lot after throwing what I needed into my locker and saw my Hummer flanked with a few girls, like it had been everyday since I started.

A few of them ask for rides, which I've politely declined, knowing that a: some of them had boyfriends, who had been giving me death looks all week, but most importantly b: not one of those girls was Bunni.

She was still a little mad at me for telling the guys at school to stay away from her, but had apparently made up with Nate because, sure enough a few minutes later, I saw the two walking across the parking lot, headed for my car.

Nate was saying something that made Sunny laugh,those big brown eyes getting lost behind her full eyelashes as she blinked away tears.

He grabbed her hand and walked over to my car with a smile on his face as he helped her into the backseat, placing her behind me.

"Hey, Bun."

She rolled her eyes in the rearview mirror, but I still caught her give me that look she saved just for me.

I watched as Nate ran around the back of my truck, surprised to see him getting in the back net to Sunny.

"Yeah... no, dude."

Nate huffed and rolled his eyes.

"Look, man, just go, okay?"

I cocked my head and darted my eyes over to him in the rearview mirror, seething as I shook my head.

"Do I look like your chauffeur?"

Nate smirked as he placed his hand over Sunny's.

"Well, Flower is my date tomorrow night."

"I'm not moving until your ass is up here."

"Tris..."

Ignoring Sunny calling my name, I kept my focus on Nate, whose smirk was slowly starting to make me snap.

"Don't make me embarrass you, Nathaniel."

"Screw you, Asshole."

"Guys! Seriously? Oh, my God..."

Nate and I had a staredown for another second or so, only tearing away from each other's glares to see Bunni hop in the front seat, buckling herself in before she curled over in her seat to face the window, but not before looking back to yell at us.

"There, okay? Argument over! Can we just go, now?"

🖤

𝕋𝕖𝕒𝕞 ℕ𝕒𝕥𝕖 𝕠𝕣 𝕋𝕖𝕒𝕞 𝕋𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕟?

🤔