ch 20: nate

This is hell.

This is actual hell.

This has to be some kind of fucking nightmare that I just can't seem to wake up from.

After Sunny went out back to hang out with Tristan, I figured she'd be out there with him until she had to leave.

I wasn't expecting her and Nate to call my parents down to the kitchen for a talk, and now as I stood with my parents in the kitchen on one side of the island, I noticed Sunny and Tristan's hands clasped together on the other side.

"What's going on, you two?"

The excitement in my mom's voice was evident as she noticed their hands together on the countertop.

"Well, guys..."

Tristan looked at Sunny for a second, watching as she nodded before he turned back to our parents.

"We didn't wanna have to run around and hide it, we wanted to let you guys know... Sunny and I are dating. She's my-- my girlfriend."

I felt a sudden cold sweat rip across my body and I went numb. My eyes stayed focused on Sunny, watching as she smiled, beaming with bliss.

"I'm surprised it took you this long, Son."

I looked over at my dad in disbelief, watching as he rounded the island, placing a firm shoulder on Tristan's shoulder.

"Now all you gotta do is talk to that one's dad."

He pointed at Sunny and I smirked, overjoyed on the inside knowing that there was absolutely no fucking way Sunny's dad would ever let his 'little girl' date Tristan.

"Well, it's getting late. Tristan, take your girlfriend home."

The jovial expression on my mom's face made me want to kill myself all over again and I was forced to watch as Tristan's hands found their way onto Sunny's hips as he guided her out to his car.

My mom sighed and shook her head.

"They're so cute."

I rolled my eyes to myself and watched as my parents went back to their room.

I sighed before retreating to my own room, finally feeling the weight of the situation on my shoulders when I closed my door and looked at the center picture on the collage on the back of my door.

We were probably like... seven. Sunny had just lost one of her front teeth and was grinning wildly, her chocolate eyes dazzling brighter than ever.

Her arms were wrapped around me as I awkwardly smiled for the camera, not really being able to pay attention with her that close.

I shook my head as I looked back at the picture, before bitterly ripping it off the wall and into a bunch of pieces.

As the fragments of the photo fell to the floor, I slid down the door, feeling tears beginning to burn at the back of my eyes.

She wasn't my Flower anymore.

🖤