ch 20: sunny

Tristan parked along my driveway, and as I went to hop out of his truck, he gently grabbed my wrist, keeping me in the cat.

"What are you doing?"

I watched in curiosity as he grinned, hopping out of the car and running around to my side. He opened the door and extended his hand out for me.

What? "Can't a guy walk his girl to her front door?"

I thought I heard movements from near the house and a slight look of panic washed across my face as I looked over Tristan's shoulder, up the driveway.

I tugged on a lock of my hair as I looked up at Tristan, suddenly feeling a bit unsure.

"Maybe we should wait..."

A look of devastation was on Tristan's face a moment later as his eyebrows knit together.

"You don't wanna tell him?"

"No! It's not, Tris. I just... I know him."

I let out a sigh and we both looked at my house as we slowly approached the massive front doors.

"My dad's not gonna be happy about this."

Tristan stopped and turned to look at me.

"Bun, get real. He was never gonna be happy with you dating, and... if you wanna wait to tell him, I'm not gonna rush you into anything. This is all up to you."

He grabbed both of my hands, kissing them both before he wrapped them around his neck.

He leaned down and placed his forehead against mine, unknowingly calming me down. I pulled back for a moment, leaning back in to close the distance between us.

Tristan's grip around my waist tightened for a moment as he groaned into my mouth just before I pulled away, leaving us both breathless.

"What was that for?"

I smirked up at him as my fingers drew hearts on his chest.

"What? Can't a girl kiss her boyfriend?"

He grinned wildly and I shook my head, grabbing his hand as I dragged him inside the house.

"Mom? Dad?"

I wandered around the house with Tristan following close behind until I found my parents, curled up together in our home theatre, watching a movie.

"Hey, Babygirl. How was your night?"

I pulled Tristan into view and he tensed a bit as a glare crossed my dad's face. I held onto his hand and gave it a squeeze before looking back and forth between my parents.

"Guys, there's something we wanna tell you."

🖤

ℍ𝕠𝕨 𝕚𝕤 𝕁𝕠𝕣𝕕𝕒𝕟 𝕘𝕠𝕟𝕟𝕒 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕔𝕥?