ch 14: tristan

After we ate, we all decided to hang out in the game room. We were playing Cutthroat, a three-person billiards game when Nate's phone began to ring.

"Max, hey, dude... oh you heard?... yeah, it was crazy!"

He ducked out of the room still chatting away, leaving Sunny and me alone.

"Damn. I guess we left the party earlier than I thought."

I shrugged, watching as she took her shot, just missing a yellow ball near the side pocket.

"I guess... but I'm having way more fun now."

She turned back to look at me and leaned back against the pool table, smiling as she nervously tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Me too."

I took a few steps towards Sunny, closing the distance between us as I pinned her against the table.

She took a deep breath and seemed to hold it as she bit her lip.

"Tristan..."

"Bunni...?"

"Are you- are you gonna kiss me?"

I looked down at her lips as I gently cupped her face, a nervous smile on my face.

"Yes."

"Okay."

When I leaned in and finally felt her lips on mine, it wasn't like the last time.

The last time was rushed and caught her off guard.

This time... this time was perfect.

I felt her body relax as she leaned into me and I felt her lips react when she placed her hands on my chest.

She let out the cutest whimper and I couldn't stop myself from smiling against her lips before I pulled away.

"God, you're adorable."

I could hear Nate coming down the hall and, regretfully, took a step back from Sunny.

She bit her lip nervously, still smiling at me, before turning to see Nate in the doorway.

"Hey, you guys wanna watch a movie?"

"I can't believe you guys talked me into watching these and then freaking Nathan falls asleep. Okay, ewww... owwww!"

We had begun watching the Saw series in our home theatre a few hours ago and were almost finished with the third installment when Bunni turned and buried her face into my shoulder.

"It's almost over, Bun. We can change it before the next one starts."

I whispered against her forehead before kissing it, causing Sunny to look up at me.

Sitting there in the dark with only the movie illuminating the room, something felt like it was pulling me in closer to Sunny.

When she finally looked up, her eyes stayed laser-focused on my lips, only making me want to taste hers again.

And I did.

All night long.

Making out with Sunny and falling asleep with her in my arms wasn't how I expected to end my first week in California, and I couldn't imagine ever letting her go.

🖤

ℙ𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕖 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕙𝕒𝕥𝕖 𝕞𝕖 𝕋𝕖𝕒𝕞 ℕ𝕒𝕥𝕖!

𝕎𝕖'𝕧𝕖 𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕘𝕠𝕥 𝕒 𝕃𝕆ℕ𝔾 𝕨𝕒𝕪 𝕥𝕠 𝕘𝕠...

😋