ch 13: tristan

"FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!"

Brett and I shared an intrigued look before we followed where the chanting was coming from.

Everyone was huddled around in a circle and as we made it through to the middle, the first thing I saw was Nate fall backward. The shove was apparently after a punch before the corner of his mouth was bleeding.

"Adam, stop!"

Bunni's voice rang out and I looked over to see her standing off to the side, her eyes wide in shock.

As I slipped past the few people that were still in my way, Adam's next words for Bunni had me seeing red.

"Shut the fuck up, Jay!"

"Hey!"

My deep voice caused a few gasps and even more were heard as I stood face to face with Adam.

"Don't talk to her like that."

Adam rolled his eyes and laughed sarcastically, completely ignoring my warning as he looked over at Sunny.

"So, what-- you've been fucking both of the O'Connell brothers? Fucking slut..."

I took another step towards Adam, who was now only an inch or so away, and glared at him as I slightly cocked my head to the side.

"Now? You don't talk to her at all."

Nate was wiping the dirt off his pants when he stepped towards Adam again, spitting out a little blood.

"This asshole has been telling everyone that he's sleeping with Sun."

At that exact moment, it felt like my heart was shattering. I was drowning on dry land and I couldn't breathe.

Everything hurt.

It only lasted for a second, because when I looked over at Bunni, the frantic look on her face as she shook her head let me know it wasn't true.

Suddenly, I could breathe again, and now all I wanted to do was pummel this fucker, who Sunny was now approaching.

"That's bullshit and you know it."

"Whatever, Jay. You're just--"

"Sunny! Okay? My name is Sunny... and we're through."

The whispers throughout the crowd grew and as Adam looked around at everyone judging the situation, he just had to open his mouth again.

"I'm glad it's over. You were nothing but a fucking tease anyway."

Before he could take his first step away, I blocked Adam's way, locking eyes with him after sizing him up.

I had been taking Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu since I was eight and I knew I could take this kid, so I smirked at him and shook my head before an all too serious scowl was on my face.

"If you ever have her name in your mouth again, I promise you, little Adam, those will be the last words that you will ever say."

🖤