ch 22: sunny

Tristan smiled down at me, watching as I pinned his boutonniere to the lapel on his jacket. I rolled my eyes, trying my best to ignore the four sets of eyes that were all watching us.

"Need some help?"

"Tris, shut up."

After fiddling with the annoying arrangement for another few moments, I finally managed to secure it to Tristan's lapel, taking a step back to drink in the effortlessly handsome way he looked in a suit.

"Come on, you two. Let me get a couple more."

I groaned slightly as I turned to look at my mom clicking away with one of the professional cameras.

She had her team come in earlier to set up lighting and background stuff in our backyard, and all I wanted to do was get out of there.

"Mom, we're gonna be late."

Tristan smirked and pulled me against his side, kissing my temple.

"You're adorable when you're all pouty and upset."

I glared at him which only caused the grin on his face to expand before he kissed my forehead.

He rested his hand right above my bum, and when I looked over to gauge my Dad's reaction, I was surprised to see him standing off to the side, joking and clinking his glass together with Uncle Karl's glass.

"Guess this is just practice for the wedding."

My eyes widened in shock and that was the moment that I was sure that the brown liquor that my dad and Uncle Karl were drinking had finally gone to his head.

Over the past few months my dad had slowly made his way over onto Team Tristan, and it seemed like good ole Mr. Hennessey was bound to get him whiteboy-wasted.

I was gonna open my mouth to say something but was distracted a moment later when Tristan turned us around, blocking my dad's view as he stared down at me.

"You look absolutely fucking beautiful Bun."

I smirked and tucked my hair behind my ear as I bit my lip.

"You look pretty good too, O'Connell."

We walked out to the driveway and I smiled and shook my head, still in shock that Tristan's dad was letting him take his newest toy to Prom.

As Tristan pressed the button on his keyring, the doors to the white Lamborghini Huracan Spyder lifted.

"Be careful with my baby!"

We looked over at his dad and Tristan smirked as he carefully helped me into my seat, rolling his eyes just as my dad spoke.

"Mine, too!"

Tristan nodded and saluted in my dad's direction as he walked around to his side.

After getting in the car and closing the doors, Tristan flipped the little red switch in the middle of the car. He pressed the button under the switch and a moment later, the car roared to life, causing me to jump a little in my seat.