ch 24: tristan

"Ughh, Mom, I'm fine."

I groaned for what felt like the thousandth time that day. My mom was propping some more pillows under my leg, and although I was appreciative, I was also annoyed that I couldn't do it myself.

"I'm just making sure, Tris. You know-- if you had been at school-- this wouldn't have happened."

Rolling my eyes, I huffed and sat back, crossing my arms over my chest. This wasn't the first time she'd brought it up in the three weeks that I'd been home, and I knew it wasn't gonna be the last.

"Just... holler if you need anything."

I nodded and my mom silently left the living room, leaving me to stare down at the purple cast on my left ankle.

I still couldn't believe that I'd be out of commission for seven weeks with a shattered ankle.

One down, six to go.

Most of my time is spent wondering if she thinks about me-- although I doubt she cares.

After I left, I kinda started hooking up with a social media model. I kept Nikki around because she was something to keep my mind off of the fact that Sunny hated my guts.

Dating Nikki was alright. I mean-- she was hot and always down to have some fun-- but it never compared to a single moment I had with my Bunni before I ruined everything.

I know-- I sound like an ass.

Tell me something I don't know.

🖤