Home Is Here || Jackie/Chase

Ship: Jackie x Chase

Request from Tumbler.

~'~'~

"I'm coming I'm coming," Jackie called, walking towards the door. He opened and blinked at the soaking wet men smiling nervously at him.

"Hey, Jackie."

"Chase what are you doing out here? It's raining get inside." Jackie scolded, stepping aside.

Chase chuckled and nodded, walking into Jackie's house and looking around. He shut the door carefully and smiled nervously. "Yeah sorry."

Jackie rolled his eyes. "I'm going to go get a towel don't sit on my furniture."

Chase nodded and fidgeted nervously on the welcome mat. Jackie came back a minute later with a towel in his hand. "So what happened?"

"Um, Stacy wanted me out of the house. It's been hard since the divorce and the fact we have to stay together for the kids."

Jackie nodded as Chase dried his hair. "I know but you should probably go home," Jackie said.

"But I'm already home," Chase whispered, grabbing Jackie's wrists.

"Chase what-"

"Home stopped being a place when you entered my life. Jackie I-"

"Ok ok hold up. You like me?" Jackie asked, cutting Chase off.

"Yes. I'm in love with the cities best superhero is that so insane?" Chase whispered, stepping closer to him.

Jackie blinked. "Chase, have you been drinking?"

"Maybe," Chase whispered.

Jackie sighed. "Come sit then," he said and

Chase nodded and followed Jackie over to the couch. "I'm sorry."

Jackie shook his head. "Don't be."

"Jackie I'm a recently divorced dad who-"

"I don't like where this is going so I'm going to stop you. Chase, I like you too. I have for a while." Jackie said.

Chase gaped at him. "I, really?"

"Yes, you're my hero. A stay at home dad who stays even though he's divorced. You're amazing." Jackie said and ruffled Chase's hair. "You're my real-life superman."

Chase blushed. "You can stay here tonight but your children need you. We can talk this weekend."

Chase nodded. "Thank you so much."

"Chase," Jackie whispered, "thank you for telling me. I was too nervous to tell you. Make yourself at home I'll get you some water."

Chase laughed. "I've never been more at home Jackie. I love you."